Options

VIN for Insurance

manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
edited January 2021 in Trailer & Towing
I’ve never had to insure a camper that doesn’t exist yet. We should take delivery of our 400 in late feb. early March. When should the dealer have a VIN for me to reference when getting it insured?

Sorry, this got posted in the wrong category and I can’t figure out how to move it.
2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 

Comments

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Your agent should be able to give you a binder number so that you can tow it home. Then you can provide the vin after the fact, this is what I did. Works the same when buying a car...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    also, nüCamp can provide the Vin through your dealer when the guild is started.
    We had an insurance binder in our TaB when we towed it home, before getting the registration changed, and insurance finalized.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    Awesome. Thanks for the info!
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    kmulhkmulh Member Posts: 36
    My dealer sent me the VIN when the T@B was delivered and they were prepping it. That gave me time to get insurance setup before picking it up.
    2021 T@B 400 BD
    2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Columbus, OH
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    In addition, "most insurance companies" will automatically add coverage for 30 days on a new purchase. It may be directly related to how long you have been with them, I have had State Farm for over 40 years, so it is not an issue for me when I make a purchase.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    We bought our T@B used from a private party.  I had made arrangements with our agent ahead of time with the basics. When we started transferring the title I called our agent, gave then the necessary info, they charged my card and we were insured sitting in the sellers driveway.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited January 2021
    Our dealer emailed our VIN to us recently. It is to be built for delivery in late March. 
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    LawyerboyLawyerboy Member Posts: 98
    I purchased an 18 Tab from a couple.  They had it registered in Florida with a title we transferred on the sale.  When I tried registering with nucamp as the new owner we discovered the registered vin was wrong.  Double check the vin on the tongue with the original paperwork because it required a certified letter from nucamp clearing up the discrepancy and another registration fee in Florida with a trip to the state agency with the tab in tow.  I gave State Farm the original vin and the corrected vin, and they changed it.