Options

Motion Sensor for Porch Light

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has added a motion sensor for the porch light?  I assume there must be some type of 12V motion sensor somewhere on the internet.

We think this would be a very great addition to our camper.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU

Comments

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    I purchased a pair of solar flood lights from Amazon that have different settings.  They are wedge shaped and have 2 screw holes.  I mounted pairs of small clear command hooks on both sides and the front so I can move them where I need them. 
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Just check Amazon for RV motion sensor light and you will find this.  You can mount it over the door or hang it off the handles of your TaB.  Cheap security lighting.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Just check Amazon for RV motion sensor light and you will find this.  You can mount it over the door or hang it off the handles of your TaB.  Cheap security lighting.

That’s similar to the pair I purchased.  Only thing, if you have an awning, you will need to move the light into the sun during the day to charge.  That’s why I used the command hooks
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    Thanks for the fast response.  How bright are these options?  We have the amber porch light from NuCamp and we like its limited intensity.  We just want it to turn on as we approach the camper so we can see to unlock the door.  

Is there a way to dim these?

Thanks again in advance,

Bill
    2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    I don’t think you can dim them.  Not at this price point anyways.  There may be some available that allow you to select light intensity.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks for the fast response.  How bright are these options?  We have the amber porch light from NuCamp and we like its limited intensity.  We just want it to turn on as we approach the camper so we can see to unlock the door.  

Is there a way to dim these?

Thanks again in advance,

Bill
    Tape over some of the lights 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    I bought this one several years ago, it might be discontinued but I'm sure that you can find something similar. I attach to my trailer beside the door at lower than eye level so that it lights the step but doesn't shine in my eyes at night. I attach it to the trailer using 3M Dual Lock. I take it off when I'm on road.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab