Options

Adding a water tank

Hey T@B-bers...  I'm adding a Valterra 9 gallon water tank to my 2006 T@B.  Couple of questions for those of you who have water tanks and faucets:  Do you have your tank setup to 'overflow' through the bottom of the trailer?  Did you install a water fill through the side of the trailer?  How did you setup your vent pipe?  I see that the Valterra tanks have three 3/8" threaded openings in the tank.  Did you utilize one of the 3/8" ports for the fill?  Or glue on one larger?  I'm seeing three different fill kits (RK907, RK908, and RK909) available and thought to ask if anyone had used one of these, and if so which one?  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!   :)
Thanks!
Griggster
"Pick up the T@B"

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Can't speak to adding a tank but the T@Bs with built in tanks (mine's a 2015) have the filler port on the driver's side and the overflow tube/vent tube is an opening in that same port. It's kind of handy there as you can tell when you're filled as water squirts out the overflow right where you're filling.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    T@bs have an overflow that drains out of the bottom front on the T@b. I actually just discovered it for the first time when dewinterizing.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jenn - Really? Haven't noticed one on my 2015. Wonder if they chaged it. One thing they changed on the 2015s is the drain valve for the tank is down behind the step. On 2014s it was in that front left corner.
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    My tank overflow is within the filler itself. When the tank is full, it spits out water. My low point drain for the freshwater tank is to the left of the step. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    mawebb - Yep, that's the change they made when they went to the external water tank.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Ours is the same as Jenn's. 2014.

The little breather hole above the filler tube wasn't connected to anything, and if the filler hose happened to force water into that little hole, it went into the wall cavity behind the filler fitting. So I plugged that design flaw.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    We have a 2007 and I added a 10 gallon tank underneath.  I made an aluminum frame which is attached to the trailer frame.  The vent is a tube  runs up in the propane tank area and has a 180 so that nothing can go in it.  I have a screen in the  vent tubing.  I made a wooden box where I have placed a gravity and city water fill in front of the propane / battery box.  I also upgraded the pump and added a tankless water heater.  Works great.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92

jcfaber1 said:
    We have a 2007 and I added a 10 gallon tank underneath.  I made an aluminum frame which is attached to the trailer frame.  The vent is a tube  runs up in the propane tank area and has a 180 so that nothing can go in it.  I have a screen in the  vent tubing.  I made a wooden box where I have placed a gravity and city water fill in front of the propane / battery box.  I also upgraded the pump and added a tankless water heater.  Works great.
    John

John, can you post some photos of your handy work? What brand/model tankless water heater did you install? Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks!
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    I can but it will be later as I cannot shrink 16x9 format photos on my Android phone. The tankless water heater is EZ tankless.  $150 and is upfront next to the propane tank.  I moved the batteries to the wheel well in a vented box.  I also used AGM  batteries.

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL