Options

Bruce Springsteen issue needs a fix

jules2gojules2go Member Posts: 164
And now for some comic relief (of sorts!). Does anyone have an ideas on how to listen to Bruce without it always reminding you of your ex?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know which category this goes under so will select "tips and tricks". Thanks in advance. 
2020 Tab 320S BE "Moonbeam"
2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    LOL
    My solution to the difficult memories problem after my husband died was to switch genres. It’s worked for 2 1/2 years so far, and in the process I learned to love a lot of new-to-me musical artists that have no pesky personal associations to bother me.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    Avoid "Hungry Heart" at all costs. My coworker set it as his ring tone after his divorce...
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,655
    Embrace it.  Catharsis and all that.  This is what poetry, literature, and music is all about:  working things out through art.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Avoid "Hungry Heart" at all costs. My coworker set it as his ring tone after his divorce...
    LOL...I used the Darth Vader Imperial March from Star Wars. Just seemed fitting...
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    jules2gojules2go Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2021
    These are all wonderful ideas for this situation. Probably the Boss would agree with you pthomas745 -- it's kinda what most of his songs are about, coping with hardship and sorting it out. He would tell me embrace it, too. The only song I've managed to keep on my playlist is Born to Run, go figure. It's the version from the live show he did in NY few years back, the solo one. I guess it's been my modus operandi, to run, away. It's still makes me quite sad to listen to, but somehow I can manage it. Thank you everyone.
    2020 Tab 320S BE "Moonbeam"
    2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"