Options

Camco 15g portable waste tank - too high to use with t@b 400 ?

I purchased a Camco 15g portable waste tank and it just arrived. The tank inlet is 3 or 4 inches higher than the t@b 400 waste tank connection, so I'm picturing trying to get the waste hose emptied and thinking that's gonna be a problem. Anyone else come up with a good way to deal with this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DN8X8M6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_TD7HWA4RFBWMHC1HDD9W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2018 T@B 400

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2021
    Just connect the TaB to the tank with a short 5-foot or so hose, and leave a slight loop (like a PTrap) in the hose between the trailer and tank.  The black water tank on the TaB is higher than the discharge outlet (it sits on the trailer floor, so the waste should flow out into the tank.   Close the gate valve and use a bucket to catch what is left in the hose.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Skip the bucket🤢. Just close the waste gate, and disconnect from the tab, and carefully lift so what remains then  flows into the auxiliary tank.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Yes, but the tank inlet is higher than the TaB outlet, so you might get some splash back when you disconnect, as the gate valve and sewer line will be full?
    A bucket under the gate vale hose connection might be a good idea to catch the CHT in the line.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    If you use your standard discharge hose, it won’t be completely filled, as described. Ask me how I know.  My auxiliary tank is different, and is lower, but there is the “uphill” from ground level to the auxiliary tank.  I have not had my discharge hose ever be completely filled that by disconnecting at the gate there is spillage.  Once disconnected, lift the hose higher then the tank, and walk the remaining fluids towards the auxiliary tank to empty the hose.
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    What @4ncar is saying is to shut the valve on the T@B first, then disconnect the sewer hose from the T@B, lift that end of the hose, and hold the hose end higher then the auxiliary tank, and walk towards the auxiliary tank, allowing the waste to move into the auxiliary tank.  Wear rubber gloves, and be careful not to spill it. It becomes second nature to figure out how to get the waste through the sewer hose to the auxiliary tank. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    SeaLaVieSeaLaVie Member Posts: 46
    Thanks, this was what I was thinking I would try to do however I was really concerned about having waste above the disconnect point at the camper.

I think I'm going to opt for a lower model tank that will be A little better although still not perfect. The lowest one I could find was about nine inches high which is right about the same height as my t@b outlet connection point. So I will still have to do the hose dance to some extent but definitely about a 4in improvement over the Camco model.
    2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    @SeaLaVie - which new tote brand/model are you looking at to replace the Camco?
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,466
    edited January 2021
    I have the 10-gallon Barker Tote-Along, which is only 8.75" high. I went with it specifically because of the low profile of the T@B dump valves. I haven't had occasion to use it yet, but regardless I'm sure it will work far better than the two lidded 5-gallon paint pails it replaced.  ;-) 

It's a two wheel model and (unlike the larger versions) does not have a provision for being towed.

There is an equally low profile 15-gallon Tote-Along marketed for tent trailers, but its dimensions (which BTW are not properly represented on the barker site) were larger than what I wanted to lug around for only occasional use.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Mine is similar to @ScottG’s. It is however towable. I believe it is 22 gallon, if I recall si it will hold the entire gray tank. Just a simple “ blue boy!”😆
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    We have the Boondock Lite version of the 400, and with the extra height due to tires and axle  the 15 gal Camco  is slightly lower than our tank drain.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab