Options

DIY LiFePO4 Battery Thoughts

I have been doing a lot of reading about DIY battery builds and it appears that a 270ah battery can be assembled for less than $700. Two of the current drop in batteries would run $1700-$1900 and only yield 200ah.

Here is an example. https://youtu.be/3U4ZfQ_IToI

Has anybody tried this? I am a former technician so the process does not scare me. I have upgraded our converter and plan to upgrade the TV charging system to accommodate lithium.

Disclaimer: Our tow vehicle has been in the body shop since early December so I have too much time on my hands. The parts are backordered with no firm delivery date.  We were supposed to be on the coast right now but I have had to cancel all of our plans through March. :| 
2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
Jeff & Amy
Now in Manistee, MI

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Jeff, you had any issues towing the TaB 400 with your F-150?  Is the truck max tongue weight within limits for the TaB?
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    I have not weighed it but it works great. I even hauled a motorcycle and loading ramp. Squats about 1 1/2 in. However, I got a unicorn truck. 1800 lbs payload, 12k towing. 
    Don’t trust anybody, read the sticker on the door jamb. I walked through the lot and found mine. Some could only carry 900 lbs!
    I just wish they would hurry up and make our parts. Granddaughter hit a light pole. 🙄
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    NovaTabNovaTab Member Posts: 91
    the kid in the video is really good to follow.

Do it!
    2021 TaB 320 Boondock, Gran Cherokee TrailHawk