Options

Great tip for filling fresh water tank!

Trying to fill the 320 Tab water tank with a hose is almost a joke as the air blows the water right back out! I found that by using this 

CAMCO 11691 RV WATER HEATER TANK RINSER

I can get the water way down below where the vent is and no backsplash.  I clean it with bleach before the first use. Art
2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge

Comments

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    This is similar, but smaller, less expensive, and has a flexible tube that goes into the fill valve.

Available on Amazon

Camco Water Tank Filler with Shutoff Valve- Quickly and Efficiently Helps Fill Your Water Tank and Eliminates Line Backflow - Lead Free (5/8" Tube) (40003)

2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    I've had good success by not turning the spigot all the way open when filling from a hose. Less water flow seems to allow the air to vent and not blow back. It does take longer to fill, but my clothes stay dry.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    teztabteztab Member Posts: 99
    This is similar, but smaller, less expensive, and has a flexible tube that goes into the fill valve

Available on Amazon

Camco Water Tank Filler with Shutoff Valve- Quickly and Efficiently Helps Fill Your Water Tank and Eliminates Line Backflow - Lead Free (5/8" Tube) (40003)

I also use the Camco water tank filler - compact, inexpensive and very effective.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    Tipping the trailer nose up seems to help also, as does blowing out the vent line prior to filling.

Problems seem to arise when water sloshing in the tank backs up into the this flexible hose that vents the tank. The hose is not well positioned to self-drain (and may even be a bit kinked), and if it gets blocked it can inhibit tank filling and cause the dreaded splash-back. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    LisamorrisetteLisamorrisette Member Posts: 44
    This is great for using with a hose. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to fill from a 5 gallon jug? I picked that sucker up and tried to fill my tank and ended up with half the water on the ground, thought I was going to expire under the weight lifting it that high and tilting it when you are only 5’2” ain’t pretty.
    Furbug 2014 T@B S - TV Toyota RAV
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited March 2021
    This is great for using with a hose. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to fill from a 5 gallon jug? I picked that sucker up and tried to fill my tank and ended up with half the water on the ground, thought I was going to expire under the weight lifting it that high and tilting it when you are only 5’2” ain’t pretty.
    If using a smaller jug is not an option, or if you don't have a power fill/pump siphon option on your T@B, you could use a picnic table or something to get the container high enough above the tank filler hole to allow you to gravity siphon the water from the jug to your tank.

2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    LisamorrisetteLisamorrisette Member Posts: 44
    Thanks will give this a try. I was wondering about a siphon.
    Furbug 2014 T@B S - TV Toyota RAV
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356

This thing works GREAT!  Hightly recommend it.  Put the brass end in the water and shake it a few times.  Syphon action starts on its own.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    edited March 2021
    Got this at Harbor Freight for $9.99 or Bass Pro for $19.99 battery operated, and you can leave the jug on the ground.

1. Hash  T@B Fun