MAXXAIR COVER

Has anyone added the Maxxair 00-933066 Original Vent Cover-White to the standard Fantastic fan? It says it mounts to a standard/popular 14 X 14 roof vents. I know I'll still have the noisy, less features standard fan but @ $30 compared to $200 to $400, it seems like a good deal to be able to keep the fan open in the rain.
2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
Tampa FL

Comments

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
     That was what we had installed on our T@g...and yes we loved being able to use the vent in windy and wet weather..was a great investment and easy to install.
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    ontheroad said:
     That was what we had installed on our T@g...and yes we loved being able to use the vent in windy and wet weather..was a great investment and easy to install.
    It makes it sound like it attaches to the current fan mount?  Does it screw or clip to that mount, or seal to the roof around it?

Amazon shows also bought with  Dicor lap sealant.
    Tampa FL
  • SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    I had it installed at the dealer when I bought my T@b. It does add several inches of height, but if that’s not an issue, I love to be able to drive with it vented and it’s great for storage to keep bugs out but airflow moving.
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 410
    I believe it's a simple installation unless you have a newer model.  Our 2019 CS-S has 4 tabs that interfere with the installation.  Someday I'll make this modification but it will require cutting off the 4 vertical tabs.   Here's a YouTube video that may be helpful for any DIY installs for older models:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZY3JCxAg0k
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • HoundHound Member Posts: 8
    @Slackers - Do you know what it is about a newer model (2021) that makes it other than a simple installation?
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @Tampakayaker...ours attached to the collar of the fantastic fan...if I remember 2 or maybe 4 brackets...the bracket has a bolt that sticks up, the cover sits in it and the wing nuts hold the hood in place..no caulking involved. We had to take the we hood off to get her in the garage.

Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
    Our '19 Tab has a Dometic Fan.  That fan has 4 plastic vertical posts on the roof trim for attaching a specific variant of a Dometic Ultra Breeze Vent Cover.  If you can get your dealer to order this particular cover it looks to be an easy install.  Elsewhere on this forum there's a thread on the frustratingly difficult time one user had in getting the proper cover.   I am unable to locate the link to the discussion.
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    ontheroad said:
    @Tampakayaker...ours attached to the collar of the fantastic fan...if I remember 2 or maybe 4 brackets...the bracket has a bolt that sticks up, the cover sits in it and the wing nuts hold the hood in place..no caulking involved. We had to take the we hood off to get her in the garage.

By any chance do you know which model you had?

I guess the original one I was looking at is for non fan vents. I found a sentence that said it cannot be used by hi velocity fans like the fantastic Fan.

There is a MaxAir Fanmate 0095501 that can be used with hi velocity fans.  Of course it's $25 more and doesn't get great reviews.
    Tampa FL
    @Bayliss thanks for the link.  Reason got the better of me after rereading your story.  I have ordered the UltraBreeze (U1400WHS).  The simple installation (without having to butcher anything) is what sold me.