Options

Need help reinserting drawer!

Brand new 2021 T@b 400. Removed drawer under fridge to do some mouse proofing and, for the life of me, cannot get it to go all the way back in!  Help!!!

Comments

• Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    Extend the rails and insert the draw past he latches while holding the rails in full extension.  Then push it in.  It will resist. Push.  Once all the way in pull it out and like magic all will be “normal”.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • Options
    cmpd218cmpd218 Member Posts: 11
    I’ll give it a try. Hard to get inserted at full extension with one person doing it!  I’ll let you know how it goes. 
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    The trickiest part will be holding both rails out while you seat the drawer.  There is very little room on the bed side of the drawer.  
    You will hear a slight click when the rails are properly seated.
  • Options
    cmpd218cmpd218 Member Posts: 11
    I sat the drawer on a box to keep it level and that allowed me to keep the rails fully extended - one at a time- and got it on track. Gave it a good shove beyond sticking point. It worked!  Thank you “dlb”
  • Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    Just curious - what's back there to mouseproof?  I plan on installing black grill mesh on the large frame holes as well as smaller rear holes then spray-foaming any obvious other exterior gaps where drains etc. exit the frame.  Will also spray foam under the bed but haven't considered pulling out drawers.  Can you share what you've found?
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    There is a hole in the floor where the water tank connections to the inside plumbing are made.  It is under the fridge/hanging locker and like this:

Red arrow Points to the hole which allow access to the top of the water tank, the top of which is about 1-inch below the bottom of the trailer underside.  Enough room for a rodent to gain entry.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Denny16 said:
    There is a hole in the floor where the water tank connections to the inside plumbing are made.  It is under the fridge/hanging locker and like this:

Red arrow Points to the hole which allow access to the top of the water tank, the top of which is about 1-inch below the bottom of the trailer underside.  Enough room for a rodent to gain entry.
    cheers
    Thanks!  I'm wondering if steel wool will be good enough here - I'd hate to spray foam and then need to chip out all the foam in case of future repair needed..
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I would use bronze wool, won’t rust.  But closed cell packing foam also,works, and is removable, just cut it over size and stuff it in.  This seals dirt and moisture along with some insulation, where steel/bronze wool does not.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    This area would also require removal of the cubby under the drawer I imagine - how challenging is that?