Options

Leaking shower parts (not shower head).

Another FB thing.  Owner has a leak in this part of the shower faucets. Question is:  how do you get to it? 
From the panel behind the shower wall next to the television?  The only way to work on this shower box is to completely remove it from the wall?  Is this little part replaceable by itself? 
There are dozens of posts about sink faucets and leaky shower heads, and a couple of shower faucet upgrades, but very little information on how to do the actual replacement. In fact, there seems to be only one photo of the pipes behind the panel leading to the shower faucets.

2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    I think that device includes a weep hole to allow the wand and associated hose to drain. What your Facebook associate is observing may not be a leak at all, but rather normal draining.

How is it I'm so smaht 'bout such things? I asked the very same question a few years ago. There's a lot of tangential discussion about showering economics, but you will find the relevant tidbits mixed in.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,686
    The more I read about the "vacuum breaker" "weep hole" and "backflush preventer" the more confused I get.  If I leave my shower head on the floor, and the gray water backs up into the shower....and there is a massive drop in pressure in the water system....it prevents the gray water from being sucked up all the way up into the shower head, into the 6 foot shower hose, into the walls, back through the Alde, into the pump.....where the gray water will travel back into the fresh water tank and contaminate it? 
    NASA landed on Mars today with better odds than that.
    Scott, I did find the earlier thread.  The FB problem seems to be a broken part, and they are heading to an RV service to have it checked out.
    And, like magic, I found Mr. Helman's single handle shower mod, with all the pictures and descriptions.
    I bet these shower heads work much better and don't "dribble."

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi