Cold in Central Oregon

Garyrr50Garyrr50 Member Posts: 17
We just brought home our new-to-us 2019 320 CS-S. It’s under cover in our carport, and so I thought I would sit in the trailer and read through the literature passed on to us by the previous owner. I’m plugged into my house electricity, and cannot figure out how to turn the heat on. I’ve read the manual, searched this forum, watched a few YouTube videos, and downloaded the app, but I’m still standing here in 50°F temperature. On my shop thermostat I can simply override previous settings by turning up the temp. Nothing seems to make the unit begin producing heat. Brrr!
2019 320 CS-S Boondock Lite
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Off Road
Central Oregon’s High Desert

Comments

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    edited February 2021
    I too am in Central Oregon.

Check to make sure the Alde cord hasn't come unplugged. Also there could be a night setting active on the control panel, blocking changes. On electric, especially on household 15a circuits you can only run one of the elements on the Alde, thus making the warm up time slow. Check Alde glycol level, there is a resorvoir, I have a 400, so can't help with location.

If you do not have an Alde manual, you can download a pdf version, very handy to study and grasp all the features of the heating system.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @Garyrr50 - the 2019 CSS glycol reservoir is behind the hatch above the toilet.  The Alde plug is under the driver side bench.  As N7SHG_Ham said, if you turn the heat all the way up while using a 15 amp outlet, you may trip a breaker, but others are able to do so without problem - just don’t try and run something else at the same time except maybe lights.  

Hopefully the Alde was turned off when you plugged in, otherwise a fuse can blow.  Is the display lit?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Garyrr50Garyrr50 Member Posts: 17
    The driver side bench is screwed shut; is that normal? None of the fuses are labeled; is there a place to look up which is which? I have a 30 amp outlet in my carport; I just need to rearrange some connections in my electrical panel to hook the circuit up to power. Is glycol a consumable? Where can I buy it? While parked in our carport, can I switch off the battery and propane, and use just shore power to run the Alde, with the plumbing/water heater still winterized? Yes, I have the Alde manual; perhaps something is lost in translation from Swedish! Thanks for the helpful answers.
    2019 320 CS-S Boondock Lite
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Off Road
    Central Oregon’s High Desert
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    edited February 2021
    @Garyrr50  - Just remove the screws with a square headed driver #1 or #2.  Yes, it is normal - I think it is done to discourage owners from using that area as storage.  The Alde fuse is actually located by removing a plastic lid on top of the Alde.  Please see “Fuses for Newbies” here https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6381/fuse-finder#latest.

Please use the search box as there are multiple threads that discuss these topics.  Also, have you found the Categories?

You can plug into a 15 amp outlet (20 amp is better).  Since the Alde on “2” pulls 16 amps, it may trip your breaker.
    You can use just AC, but the Alde will heat up faster if you slowly crack the LPG and turn it on on the Alde control panel.
    You can leave the battery switch on while plugged in to AC.  Switch to off when you store it with a full battery.

You need to know how your TaB was winterized.  If there is antifreeze in the Alde, you can not use the Alde.

Premixed Century Transfer Fluid (glycol) is a available from Amazon.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio