Options

SoCal T@bbers Loving our 320S

DigPoloDigPolo Member Posts: 51
edited March 2021 in Camping & Travel
My wife and I decided it was time to get back out in our T@B. We spent the weekend at San Clemente State Beach under clear blue skies. It was an epic weekend. Sunsets were spectacular. This was our third time spending the night in our 320S and the first time at an actual campsite. We had no sewer /electrical so our “Boondock” Edition was tested. Here is what we documented for future trips. 

1. We filled the fresh water tank entirely before we left home Friday afternoon. We did run out of water by Sunday morning using the water for toilet flushes, washing hands and an occasional dish wash. We will be purchasing a 6 Gallon jug to fill up the water tank when necessary.

2. Both the Black and Gray Water Tanks were only partially full. The exact amount I do not recall. I will check today the exact number.

3. We packed pretty light so storage was really not an issue. We are thinking of getting two shallow plastic bins that will fit under the bed for our dirty clothes. We do sort of cheat because a lot of the food and clothes/jackets, etc are left in our Tacoma. We just grab what we need when we need it.

4. Still unsure where we want to put the table while we sleep. Possibly just leave it hooked up to the outside. 

5. We never used the inside Lagun table because we had our outside picnic table. It was nice sipping our coffee in the morning facing towards the beautiful Pacific Ocean while sitting on our bed.

6. The main thing was I never took the time to understand the Alde Heating System. It was in the mid 40’s at night (I know...”quit complaining!” I spent the last 2 days watching videos on running the system. Yesterday I played around with the key pad system and it looks like all is good for a trial run. I also removed the back panel to access the Glycol, which is barely above the “Min” line. It is the pink solution. 

7. The solar panel worked perfectly. The battery never dipped below 12.4 during the 2 1/2 days. Sun from sunrise to sunset helped too.

8. Looking forward to trying the hot water heater and inside heater this evening. 

9. Overall experience A+. We could not be more happier and stoked on our T@B. 
2018 T@B 320 S Boondock - 2011 Toyota Tacoma - Huntington Beach, Ca

Comments