Options

Looking to buy a 2007 T@B TQ

Hi everyone,

We have an opportunity to purchase a 2007 T@B TQ and was looking for any advise or recommendations. From the research I've done I have heard of the rotting floor problems. Is there any other common problems that any of you have experienced? Are parts availability an issue?

Are these Dutchman generations of T@B's worth considering to look into or should we be better off looking at the newer NuCamp versions?

Our plan was to take it to an RV repair shop to have the bearings/brakes and sealant inspected, is there anything else worth looking into?

We have already taken this T@B camping and fell in love with it, we just want to ensure we are looking at the right one.

Please let me know if you have had any experiences with these generations and could provide any input or advise.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    edited March 2021
    Welcome to the Forums.....
    The "Dutchman" search term here will get you a lot of info.  The shorthand "DM" is probably more common.  Or, just the model year. 
    You need to really dig into the trailer to inspect the floor, all the outside caulking, to see if there has been any water penetration around wheel wells, lights, etc.
    Bunch of "floor" threads.  People do repair the floors.  Pricy, but they do love their trailers.
    Bunch of threads about bearings and "Alko" parts.
    https://tinyurl.com/58e25h3m

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    The DM axles are Al-Ko from Germany.  Not sure if you can get parts here for any repair or replacement.  The floor is a big undertaking, but, if you get the trailer for a really good price, $4000 to replace the floor may give you a bargain camper.  They are far, far more simple than the contemporary TaBs and lighter weight.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    kmariekmarie Member Posts: 2
    if you don’t want it let me know I’m looking