Quick Hack for TAB400 Heat

Laugh if you want to but this works. :-)

On cold nights, the bathroom got very warm and we were not in it. I tried propping open the door and the heat is more evenly distributed. I finally settled on this complex apparatus for the job. It stores on one of the shelves in the bathroom. It is pretty obvious so we remember to remove it before travel.

2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
Jeff & Amy
Now in Manistee, MI

Comments

• ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
    Good idea.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,354
    Its a shame they don't make pool noodles in natural birch.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Maybe we can get @Tabaz to wrap them for us!
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

Maybe we can get @Tabaz to wrap them for us!
    I wonder if a pool noodle could be spray painted any color?  Think of the possibilities!

In all seriousness, my bathroom has the opposite problem - it gets too warm in summer and too cold in winter.  The factory latch keeps it cracked just a bit, but not enough to make a difference.  Putting a short piece of pool noodle on the door at night would keep it open just enough to stabilize the temperature with the rest of the cabin.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    This is brilliant and could be done on the 320, too. 

Pipe insulation would work and be more neutral. 😁

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Black pipe insulation is neutral?? Jenn, you have one of the best appreciations of style and decor on the forum.  Maybe we spray paint the pipe insulation natural birch instead of the pool noodle?
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Tabaz said:
    Black pipe insulation is neutral?? Jenn, you have one of the best appreciations of style and decor on the forum.  Maybe we spray paint the pipe insulation natural birch instead of the pool noodle?
    ...or wrap it! 😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Tabaz said:
    Its a shame they don't make pool noodles in natural birch.
    Except then you would probably forget it :) I use a pool noodle on my shower hose when traveling to keep the hose from banging on wall. It is blue to match my exterior trim color
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    This is a great idea.  Hope my stock pool noodle, lemon green, can stand another small trim.  It was originally procured for the grandkids to use at the pool but migrated for use between the 4Runner rear door and garage door frame when the rear door is opened. It has been trimmed for many uses since.  

I can only imagine how a solvent based spray paint would react with the foam.  
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 981
    We just put one of our dogs toys in the bottom of the door at night to keep it propped open.  We also do that when the trailer is not being used. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Gotta love innovation!  😂👍🏻
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    To use my granddaughter's term: Pool Noodles are "epic."
     B) 
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Tabaz said:
    Well, my interior  has the dark wood. 😁

Yes, what is the paint number for natural birch? 

I bet you could either use either hot glue and fabric or decopauge.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    @JeffroNC, funny, I do the exact same thing. Also, while shopping for the T@B I saw other manufacturers use doors that do not go to the top of the frame, leaving a gap of a few inches up top for air flow in and out of the bathroom. Also, right after my shower I use the noodle in a different position to prop the door wider for a few minutes while I run the fan. 

2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
    OMG, I feel like such trailer trash using pool noodles to enhance my T@B experience (which I do).  Do the Airstream people have to resort to such drastic actions???  Or, God forbid, the Bowlus owners?
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The noodles work great on the side window edge too.  After ripping out scalp along the edge you learn quickly to either foam the window or crack it a tad bit.  🤪😂
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    @Michigan_Mike yes, I use the bright orange on the windows. I take blood thinner so a head wound is very messy!
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

@jimcenname nice idea. I am going to cut a longer piece. I was going to have my woodworking buddy put vents in the top and bottom of the door for airflow. This is a lot cheaper.
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    edited March 2021
    The noodles work great on the side window edge too.  After ripping out scalp along the edge you learn quickly to either foam the window or crack it a tad bit.  🤪😂
    I actually hit the window edge so hard with my head the window broke and slid down the aluminum hinge. I repaired the hinge so the window stays on but have not yet repair the part of the acrylic that broke off. From what I've read superglue doesn't work well is such an application. Supposedly there is a chemical weld process that works but I haven't found the ingredients. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 418
    I bet that left a mark!  The problem I have found with Superglue is it releases in very hot and cold temperatures. 
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
    I've had success with the following product on several types of plastics.  Have not used it on the acrylic windows, but may be worth a try:

• TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Wonder if spray paint for plastic would work on the noodles?

Dollar Tree at least in FL. stocks pool noodles year round, and in different colors to match the seasons.  

Halloween had black and orange.  I used orange cut up to put over tent and awning guy ropes.

Christmas has white, red, and green.

Spring/Easter has pastels.

Summer is all different colors

2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Spray paint for plastic will melt most foams, don’t ask my how I learned this.  :|
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.