Options

A Huge Shoutout to this Forum

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
edited June 2015 in Testimonials
I want to extend a huge shoutout to this forum for keeping everything focused on the T@b and camping. After visiting the unofficial FB group of another trailer today, I no longer take what we have here for granted. I am really glad I don't know what any of you think about politics. :) I am very politically minded, myself (studied it in college, daughter of a former politician) but even I need a break and somewhere that I can give it a rest. It really seems like the  other T@b groups are pretty similar, too, in keeping things on topic. I am sure a lot of us could find plenty to disagree on if we set our minds to it but instead we have set our minds to helping each other. Thanks to each of you who participates for making this such a positive experience. I have learned so much through the patient answers of folks in this group!

A special thanks to the mods: Mike, Verna, and PXLated for keeping us all on point. You guys do such a great job keeping everyone honest and making this such a great experience.

I re-read the forum rules today and saw the forum goals, which I think are happening:
To promote the teardrop and family way of life To learn and share new informationTo help others To create an atmosphere of mutual respect and goodwill 
Build camaraderie
Encourage the community
Foster a sense of trust
Identify latent defects in components
Discover workmanship issues
Improve factory processes
Upgrade components and implement user ideas
Continue building great campers that you love

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    A big Ditto from Durango!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304

Amen, Jenn, Amen. And, adding some humor into this helps too.

The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    My volunteer job for a few years was helping keep 100,000+ motorcyclists from all over the world in line on the biggest motorcycle forum on the web.  It got really old trying to keep things in line and banning folks got real old.  I turned in my admin/mod badge to the site owner when I had enough.  It did teach me to value well moderated forums like this one.  

I never underestimate how much time it takes for the mods to do a good job.  I have thanked them before and I will do again.  

• Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    I think it says a lot about the people who choose the T@B as their camper of choice. We already know we are different!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    A big Ditto from Durango!
    At first I read that as Doritos. LOLOL! I gotta be careful reading some things in the morning before coffee kicks in!!

Major kudos from me to all who help: the mods and all of those folks who not only say they've found a problem, but to all who have found a solution and readily post it. This is for all the people who might not even have the problem, but will take the time to contact folks they know who would be able to answer the question or find a possible solution. 

There is so much creativity here on this forum. I appreciate you all. Even the quiet lurker people (You know who you are!! *hugs*)

There's too many of us just to set aside one day a year into one "T@B/Teardrop/Tiny Trailers Owners Appreciation Day"... we are the type that celebrate each other, every day here. 

Thank you again.  I feel my words are not adequate, but I gave it a shot.

Bottom Line: I respect, enjoy and appreciate all of you.

Hugs,
    RK

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    KatsKats Member Posts: 95
    Right you are, Jenn. It is nice to just be focused on T@B stuff. Thanks to everyone who keeps this forum running.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    The forum decorum all depends on the people visiting - good people, a good forum - This forum just has nice helpful people. As long as everyone remains nice and civil - and generally keep contentious issues at bay - things work well -> So it's really cudos to all of you!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I couldn't agree more Jenn!  We formed the forum areas to do the above and in as much as we did face initial adversity, when the (suggestion was made) Little Guy forum was split in half (Little Guy & T@B forum areas), things have worked out and IMHO it has worked out for the best interests of both groups.  

The dynamics of this group seem to allow the forum to flow well, the members are always willing to jump in and offer up help and assistance to others and as noted, there is a wealth of talent/intelligence spread out among many individuals who give freely of their time, experience and knowledge.  The moderators appreciate the kudos's and all, but the sum of the whole make this forum what it is today via networking, ideas and a willingness to get along and participate in a respectful/meaningful manner.  

This was all an experiment a little over a year ago and Joe Kickos, president of Little Guy World Wide agreed to fund and host an additional forum on the LG web site.  I commend Joe and his staff for allowing us to to use their site as none of this would have been possible without their consent.  

Thank you all for your support during the tough times too as we as moderators and admin are just volunteers, and like you, we do love these trailers that allow us so much freedom to explore and enjoy the great outdoors, meet up with friends and create life long memories!

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    abenteurerabenteurer Member Posts: 72

This forum helped us with our decision to buy our T@B so I believe the T@B forum funding  by LG is money well spent.  I don't see how T@B sales would be what they are without this site.  I pretty sure my RV dealer's product knowledge doesn't add to LG/T@B sales. 

Jenn touched on freedom from politics.  In the months I've been visiting this site, I haven't noticed any politics, agendas, or bickering.  Those things would be poison to this forum.  It has been so refreshing to visit and just read about T@Bs and related subjects without even remotely thinking about the other.  Like Jenn, I'm glad I don't know what any of you think about politics either.

Thanks for a great forum!

2016 T@B M@x S | 2015 Grand Cherokee 5.7L HEMI (awesome) with factory tow pkg | 2017 Wrangler Sahara (awesome) 4-dr with factory max tow pkg
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Well, I want to thank you all for the thanks.

But, as I've said before, I've been able to learn about T@B's from you guys, without having one in my driveway... yet. You guys freely give your knowledge, explain the finer points without hesitation, and re-explain if something doesn't sink in. I've went from an Admin who wasn't sure about what a T@B was to one who can explain many things about them....I'll understand the Alde and the plumbing soon.  I still haven't even set a foot in a T@b--pictures are worth a thousand words ;)

So, thank you for helping me, and the others. Keep up the great work!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Rad - No way would I want to be a moderator for 100,000 hells angels wanna bees - I understand your pain :-)
  • Options
    bobandcarolbobandcarol Member Posts: 17
    have but two words to say:   Thank you !

2015 T&B CS, 2013 Subaru Outback
    Augusta, Maine
  • Options
    lazulibuntinglazulibunting Member Posts: 41
    I have learned so much in a very short time by reading the threads here. So much good information! I bought my used T@B in May with no owners manual.Thanks to the great suggestions here, I have already made several changes and repairs. (Moved the spare tire, fixed the propane/battery case and installed a round table!) Thanks to everyone who posts questions and everyone who responds with a great answer.
    Lazuli Bunting from Utah
    2005 Dutchman T@B & 2010 Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Rad - No way would I want to be a moderator for 100,000 hells angels wanna bees - I understand your pain :-)
    Yup, motorcyclists can be like a gang, unlike T@B owners who are more like a cult and can be easily influenced.   =)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Rad said:
    T@B owners who are more like a cult and can be easily influenced.   =)
     B)  B):):)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Speaking of gangs...seen recently in Durango:
    http://www.sonsofarthritis.com/
    ...I wonder what the equivalent would be for T@Bs!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    Speaking of gangs...seen recently in Durango:
    http://www.sonsofarthritis.com/
    ...I wonder what the equivalent would be for T@Bs!

That is some funny stuff