Options

Glycol leaking from plug underneath the trailer: 2015 CS-S Sofitel

Hi all, owned new to me for one year now and still learning much from the forum. First time question...I’ve been keeping the heat on low from shore power for a few weeks now with no problem as weather has been hovering around 32 early morning and then quickly goes back up. This morning I noticed a glycol leak underneath onto my driveway about a foot in radius. It is located behind the driver side tire under the sink area. No evidence of anything leaking in sink cabinet. Just underneath the camper below the plug. I don’t see a red cap on it as in some of the other photos I saw on the forum. Any ideas?  Thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,527
    edited March 2021
    In addition to the glycol drain outlet (our CSS has a brass/gold colored cap held on with a clamp) there is a hose leading from a large brass knob on the Alde.  That piece of the Alde is called the Flow Assembly and the brass piece is the automatic air bleeder valve.  As air escapes from the glycol, sometimes glycol goes with it.  It exits via a (?black) hose that goes through the galley floor under the sink.  Sometimes the valve gets stuck open and you will lose a lot of glycol.  Try taking a padded mallet and hit the brass valve to try to release the valve.  If that does not work, the Flow Assembly will need replacement.  Check the level of glycol.  You may need to add some.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/127775
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio