Options

Gray water only sewer hose recommendation--320S

Anybody have a recommendation for a gray water only sewer hose (with necessary connections) for a 320S?  (It has a cassette toilet)

I'm almost embarrassed to be asking such a trivial question, but there are so many options for sewer hoses in the market place, and at different price points , I'm stumped.  And my trailer didn't come with the apparently standard freebie hose.  

I only want to buy this thing once!  Thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    I use two of these (one for extended reach if necessary). No issues to date. If you're in climates that have extremes keep that in mind as high solar exposure and/or cold tempuratures can shorten the lifespan. Fortunately if it does leak, it's only grey water. No good, but so much better than the alternative! 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @Oyaji, we use the rhino hose. Ours is for black and gray. We've had 4 people in a 320 S for 2 months at a time and emptying the tanks was a priority. We've used the rhino hose at 0°F and at 125°F and every temp in between. No leaks, no failures, no problems. I highly recommend it. Btw, it is the first and only gray/black hose we have ever had, as our dealer gave us absolutely nothing as part of our trailer purchase.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    I would use the Sewer Solution as it is a much smaller diameter hose. As You will only be dumping your gray water tank. I have used it for both black and gray water with great success.  Look up Sewer Solution. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    GeorgiaMBGeorgiaMB Member Posts: 33
    Don’t feel bad!!  I was sitting here wondering the exact same thing as we are picking up our 320 next week!  Thanks for asking the question!!!
    2021 T@B Boondock 320S | 2021 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I would get on of these and a 10’ or 15’ of 3/4” garden hose. It won’t drain as fast as a 3”. Probably less than 5 minutes. Once in a while you could fill the tank with fresh water and drain it in your yard to get a good flushing action. 

Valterra T1020-1 Waste Valve Cap - 3" with Capped 3/4" GHT, Black
    by Amazon.com
    Learn more: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0006N5RYK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_imm_awdb_36AXN7D67K7ET45MSB8V

1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited March 2021
    +1 for the Rhino-Flex, but be sure you check that the ends are screwed into the hose securely when you use it. I believe it was @Michigan_Mike that was lucky enough to experience the disincorporation if his Rhino while in use... Couldn't have been pretty!

The Sewer Solution I found to use a whole lot of water for its ability to 'macerate', took a lot of time (for solids), and then I was left with more parts to clean. I finally got rid of it.

The smaller diameter hose is easier to stow and clean. Just a little more time at the dump-site. You can timee your dumping at the dump station so there is no-one waiting in line behind you (easy with off-season camping). 

If you're just doing gray water, with no solids, and you want a small diameter hose, I'd go with the waste cap that @Dalehelman referred to. 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,527
    @Oyaji - be aware that the small, Valterra cap outlet makes for a very slow emptying of your gray water.  That is fine if you are dumping into a portable tank at your campsite, but you may have a long line behind you at a dump station.  We have the Valterra cap used at a campsite and a Rhino Flex used at a dump station.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    OyajiOyaji Member Posts: 31
    Wow, I'm liking that Valterra cap idea, at least to start.  As we all know, there isn't a whole lot of storage space on or in a 320S!