Options

Storage Options

We're supposed (!) to get our 320 BD shortly (on-line date was last week). I don't want to leave it unsheltered when not in use and am considering a Shelterlogic for storage. I've attached the one we're considering.  I understand I need a true 8' ++ to clear the vent, but figured I could undo the securing devices from the augers we will use in-ground when moving it in or out (since 6'8" ain't gonna' cut it!). Any opinions or alternate suggestions? Our neighbors have volunteered storage in the winter in their enormous barn, so this is just a spring/summer/fall 'solution.'

2021 400 BD
2018 Ford F150 

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2021
    Raise up the tent, by placing concrete blocks under the sides of the tent, with a 4x4 on top and tie the blocks and 4x4 with rebar driven at least 2- feet into the ground,  Then you can screw the tent feet plates to the 4x4 (or 4x6).  I did this for a similar tent I used for my tractor, to keep winter storms from blowing the thing away, and gain some needed clearance on the entry. 

There is a pipe across the top to hold the front top skirt and flap, you could remove this and gain some center head room.   Also check the tent side dimensions at the top before the curve in, as the sides are not parallel.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,298
    We've been looking for the same storage solution. Link below is the top contender so far. We plan to block it up a little as suggested by @Denny16 . Please keep us posted about what you decide on and how it works for you.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

I used this model from Shelter Logic for a few years.  The Outback fit perfectly under it. Put shade screen on one side.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.