Options

Battery Monitor and Solar Panel Wiring

2»

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 618
    I’d keep an eye on it and check the temp when it’s warm out. Heat wants to rise, so it’s somewhat trapped in there when there is little air circulation in the tub. 
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,293
    edited September 2021
    Denny16 said:
    If you have solar panels, cover them or wait until dusk/dark to make the electrical connections.
    When looking for a resting state voltage reading (along with turning the battery switch to off) I'll pull the fuse on the battery side of the Victron solar controller. Thinking about adding a switch to make this easier.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I believe you can go into the MPPT Bluetooth application and turn off the charger output to the battery, this should allow a battery resting state voltage check.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,293
    @Denny16 ... Found it! It's under Battery Settings. You can switch between Charger Enabled or Disabled. That's so much easier than going under the seat and pulling the fuse. Thank you.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You are welcome my friend, after all, we Old Jeep folks need to stick together…
    I was also thinking of adding a switch between the MPPT and solar panels, but then discovered  the Charger Off/On option, from a tip posted here an older discussion about installing the battery monitor.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.