interior cabinet trim?

The beige plastic beading on the top of the interior cabinet - where the dinette table panels lay for the bed - is crumbling on one side.  Likely due to UV exposure.  Is this a readily available part?  Looking here first before diving into generic RV sites on the Web.  Can upload picture if that helps.

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    What model TaB?  Picture may help.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • mmcneil72mmcneil72 Member Posts: 46
    2016 T@B 320 CS-S, right side of interior cabinetry.  Left side is fine.  Beige plastic C channel about 1/4" deep.
    Isn’t that just trim to hold the bed slats on the rail?  What is it attached to?
    Yes.  Nothing holds it to the top of the interior cabinetry (right hand side) - no staples or cement, it just covers the top edge to protect the cabinetry from the dinette components.  No bed slats in this T@B.  The left hand side edging is just fine.  Have an email in to nuCampRV support.
    Can you just remove the plastic?  Any chance the movement of the dinette table/bed slat contributed to the breakage?  
    I hope to find a length of beige plastic C channel as a replacement.  I haven't dug into the RV web yet because that's kind of a rabbit hole, when there should be a fairly straightforward part for this since it's so simple.
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    In my travels I have seen rolls of that stuff at several RV parts stores. Some in dark brown and some in light. Most all RV dealers have a parts department I would check them out first. It may cost more for shipping than the channel itself.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Lil_LucyLil_Lucy Member Posts: 82
    mmcneil72 said:
    The beige plastic beading on the top of the interior cabinet - where the dinette table panels lay for the bed - is crumbling on one side.  Likely due to UV exposure.  Is this a readily available part?  Looking here first before diving into generic RV sites on the Web.  Can upload picture if that helps.
    That plastic piece is just an “edge trim”. It basically has two functions.
    1. Decorative: To cover up the bare edge of the birch wood on the top of the cabinet.

2. Functional: To prevent something from catching on the edge of the bare birch wood and causing it to peel or splinter.

You can probably buy this edge trim at Home Depot, Lowe’s or on Amazon. As an alternative, you could go to an auto parts store and check out their edge trim molding for doors. You just have to make sure the channel opens up wide enough to go over the 3/8” width of the birchwood. We had the same issue on our 2016 320S. I got the part thru our dealer when he had to get other parts for our unit. Why pay the “middle man” when you have other options.
    2016 T@b 320 Max-S (Silver/Red Trim) / TV: 2019 Ford Flex
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
    Thanks!  Will see what nuCampRV Support says and proceed accordingly.  T@B Forum our default 'Wiki' for all things T@B, yet to disappoint.  Happy camping.