Diamond Plate Storage Tubs for 2021 T@B 320 Boondock from All Pro Adventures

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
edited March 2021 in Products and Accessories
https://allproadventures.com/collections/teardrop-accessories/products/storage-tubs

I’ve been patiently waiting for these tubs to be back in stock, and I got the last set of two this week. Don’t worry, more are on order by All pro Adventures.

They are the same height as the middle tub, made of the same Diamond plate material. They also have a lock on them to protect your water and sewer hoses, Legos and whatever else you want to store in them. 

They come with a triangle shaped plate to help position the tubs, plus to help give more sturdiness to the bottom when bolted. They also have a set of keys plus bolts, washers and nuts to attach them to the platform.

If you position the front of the tub about 1/2” past the front of the platform, the lid will stay up on it’s own. The pre-drilled holes give you about 1” of movement to help position the tubs as you want them. 
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• NorCalMikeNorCalMike Member Posts: 52
    Those look awesome and high quality.  What do you figure they will add to your tongue weight when full?
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @NorCalMike, they weigh 11 lbs, shipping weight is 12 lbs. I figure I will be putting 7 of 8 lbs in each, so that will be 38 lbs total. I travel with a full tank of water, so this added weight will be fine. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    They look amazing Verna! Great job at the install...any pics on any of your other "winter projects"?
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • scottincarmelscottincarmel Member Posts: 29
    Those look awfully tempting. Do you think they will be at UCamp in June? I've not been to that previously, I'm assuming some vendors are there.
    2021 T@B 320S-BD
    2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    Carmel, IN
    @scottincarmel, check the website for All Pro Adventures and send Elton an email asking him if they will be selling them there. That would be a great time to get them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @ontheroad, I cheated!  I just put the tubs in place, figured out their best placement, took photos and put the tubs inside the T@B. I didn’t want to rush it and the wind was getting a bit cool. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    @Verna those are lovely! I like the larger size. I wonder though, since my handles stick out further than yours, do you think the lid would not stay open? Thanks!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

@dsfdogs, all you have to do is to move the new tubs towards the front a bit more. I adjusted, readjusted until the lids stayed up. There was still more adjustment space.  Hopefully I can get them permanently installed tomorrow. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • LisamorrisetteLisamorrisette Member Posts: 44
    love it. I just had the new Boondock platform and box installed on my 2014 320. T he idea was to move the t ire to the front and add another propane tank. Did this at Nucamp. However, they could not move the tire as they said the jack was too short? Now what? And, I’m not sure how to secure a second propane tank? The box you installed looks promising. Any thoughts? Do I need to buy a new tongue jack? Also, one other unforeseen issue the gray water discharge is now kinda difficult to reach. Is it possible to have the pipe extended—is such a thing possible? 🙏🏽 
    Furbug 2014 T@B S - TV Toyota RAV
  • PamWinslowPamWinslow Member Posts: 2
    Hi Verna - just got these delivered today and am so excited to install them .... however , I'm a little bit of a novice when it comes to all things requiring tools... and there were no instructions!  So, from your picture... the triangular plate goes inside the tub?  I would have put it under the platform if I had been guessing.   And the order of things would then be from inside to out would be:  nut, triangular plate, bottom of tub, platform, washer, then bolt ?   ( Told you  I don't know how to do stuff like this!).  Final question - mine came with an R and an L on them ... this would be my right as I look at the camper, or the campers " right" .... this probably sounds ridiculous, but years of looking at radiographs makes me question always - my right or their right?   Thanks for your help!

edited September 2021
    @PamWinslow…I didn’t see a right and a left😂😂😂. Mine fit and lined up with the holes so I guess I got them right!  I will make an assumption that one box will only match the holes on one side of the center box. 

I believe I used a rachet with a 9/16” socket and a 9/16” wrench. Put the triangle plate outside on the bottom of the platform. Line the holes in triangle plate with the holes in the bottom of the box. Now keep the top open, move the box until the lid stays open by itself. Make sure the holes line up from the triangle piece to the platform. 

Unscrew the bolts from the washers and nuts (if yours are organized like mine were!) Place one washer on each hole inside the new boxes. 

Now for some exercise!  Put a nut in one hand, hold the bolt with the second washer on it under the box.  Stick the bolt up through the other washer from under the new box. Put the nut on the bolt inside the box and start screwing the nut on the bolt until it stops. Now, do the other 5 bolts, washers and nuts just like this. Work carefully, remember you have the box exactly where the lid will stay open—very important. 

If you have a friend to help the next part is easier. If not, I did it by myself, so you can, too. 

Use the socket and ratchet inside the box and the wrench under the box (at least that was easiest for me). Tighten up the nuts while holding the bolt in place. Check the bolts every couple of weeks to make sure they are still tight. The nuts have nylon inside them to keep them tight, but be sure to protect your investment. 

Sorry, I don’t do videos. PM me if you need more help. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @Verna - there is probably a good reason, but, why have the bolt sticking up into the box?  Why not have the top of the bolt in the bottom of the box?  Seems like it would be a sharp edge for snagging on things in the box.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @Sharon_is_SAM, my reasoning is that since it is a Nyloc nut, it would be harder for a thief to remove the box. With the Nyloc nut inside, a thief would probably have to take extra time to break the lock before taking the time to remove the stuff inside to get to the nut to remove the nut. 

The bolt is sized in length to allow 2 or 3 threads above the nut, so it’s not much taller than the head of the bolts. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    I knew there was a reason!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • PamWinslowPamWinslow Member Posts: 2

Thanks so much for your thorough answer - I would have had it all upside down and backwards!  It makes sense to have the nut inside for the reason you mentioned... My  nuts and bolts did not come assembled and I only got one washer per combo... will need to google where to put that, or maybe run to Home Depot and get more - I like the idea of one on each side

@PamWinslow, take the included washer to get another to make sure you get the additional ones if the same thickness. I would put the new ones inside the box. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    @Verna. Can you point me in the right direction or do you know-- would the platform with the tubs fit on a 2017 Tab 320S?. Will 2 batteries fit in the tub with the propane bottle?  Did it come with your trailer or did you purchase it after market from All Pro or Nucamp? Is Nucamp - through a dealer-- the only place to get specs on the platform?  Thank you!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
    @lkc001, try calling the number on All Pro Adventures’ website. It’s amazing what Elton knows about the nüCamp product and what fits where. If he doesn’t know, hopefully he can direct you to the correct place. 

These two additional tubs came All Pro Adventures, an aftermarket purchase. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @Verna. Thanks!

Woohoo!
  • scottincarmelscottincarmel Member Posts: 29
    Verna said:
    @scottincarmel, check the website for All Pro Adventures and send Elton an email asking him if they will be selling them there. That would be a great time to get them. 
    Verna, I'm not sure if All Pro Adventures will be at uCamp, but I did learn they expect more Jack-It bike racks in around the end of June. Fingers crossed. I think I want that even worse than the storage tubs.
    2021 T@B 320S-BD
    2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    Carmel, IN
    I got an e-mail back from All Pro--they said I have to go through Nucamp--they do not sell the platforms with the big tub.  I sent an e-mail to Nucamp.
    Woohoo!
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited June 2021
    If you decide to buy the Boondock Platform and Aluminum tub, they can be ordered from nüCamp via, a dealer.  You need to place the order through a dealer, as nüCamp does not seek directly to customers.  We got our new 2021 style aluminum tub/tongue box through our local dealer (Vogel’s in Ukiah CA) and waited to have it shipped with the dealer’s regular unit shipment of trailers to save on direct shipping cost.  The tub cost alone was $650 last year.  I was quoted around $450 for the rack, which I passed on.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    @Denny16 thank you for the info— I didn’t expect them to be cheap but that is pricey!  But very nice looking.
    Woohoo!
    @lkc001, yes, you need to purchase through a dealer—I understood you needed information about what would fit on your T@B, not to actually purchased. I’m glad Elton sent you to the correct place. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN