Options

Duh... why did I not think of this one sooner?

So, we have been struggling with where to set the soap bar and shampoo while showering in our 400 for 2+ years now.  Tried the floor... no go... too much bending down in a very small space.  I tried a couple different ‘suction’ mounted trays... no go... could not find smooth enough surface.  Tried a tray that mounts to the bar holding the shower head... no go... bar is smaller than standard.  

Then it dawned on me a week ago that you just need something like this... stuck on with 2 bathroom command strips each that hold 5 plus pounds.  They’re out of the way, but perfectly convenient while showering, they remove easily for refill and/or while storing the trailer, and... they just look good!   The picture makes the top one look bigger, but they’re actually identical.  One for soap/body wash, and the other for shampoo.   Problem solved.... time for a break.   You all may have figured this out long ago, and you’re saying... well.... duh!  But if not, you might consider this option too.  There are lots of others to chose from too, but I’ll add a link to the ones we purchased.

Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Great! This solves one of the many things on my list.

Thanks!

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited March 2021
    Awesome. I have a suction cup rack on the mirror but  then I have to reach around the curtain with wet and soapy hands which I hate.  I'm definitely going to copy your idea!  Love it!!

How long have you had them up and filled? Just wondering about their staying power on the road.
  • Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    @TabbyShack Actually, we just got them a week or so ago and only hung them before putting the trailer back in storage til next trip in 8 weeks or so.  So... jury is still out on the hang durability.   But, we wont leave them filled nor travel with them full. They unhook and lift out of the mounted bracket for filling so we will add soap when we get to camp and only enough to get through the trip.  Full timers may have some better idea on the durability of bathroom command strips, but I have had great experience with them in the past in other settings.  And like I mentioned, each of these uses 2 of the 5 lb strips (so 10 lbs total), and I doubt even full, they’d weigh even a pound each.  So, unless 3M bathroom command strips don’t hold in the bathroom, I think they should stay put.  I will post a follow up after our next trip on how they perform.
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.