Options

cool cat fan setting

We noticed on our maiden voyage that once the cool cat gets to temp it only runs for a minute or so at a time every 5-10 minutes to maintain temperature which we heard is common. We have the vents pointed away from the control panel. Is running the fan on low the best "fix" for this to avoid the AC waking us each time it spins up? 
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited April 2021
    Yes, you have a choice of Auto fan or one of the set speeds like Low which keeps the air circulation going.  This is the setting I would use on a warm or hot night.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I always run the CoolCat with the fan on low, and let the compressor kick in and out as needed. That way the noise difference isn't as noticible.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,003
    I always run the CoolCat with the fan on low, and let the compressor kick in and out as needed. That way the noise difference isn't as noticible.
    On a warm night where you felt AC was needed to sleep i would run the fan on low as well.  Or try opening the Windows and running the ceiling fan on a lower speed.  This is where the Maxxair fan shines. It's super quiet and has 10 speeds.
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    So does the upgraded Fantastic Fan.  I try not to go camping in very hot weather, so an opened window and the fan set at 25% works just fine.  Most of my future trips are going to be off grid camping, save one or two at a campground with power so I can ru the CoolCat AC.  Lodi in July can be hot, as is Anderson Valley CA.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @bergger - I agree about the MaxxAir fan.  Running it on low exhausting out with the windows open brings in a nice breeze of air.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    m_lewism_lewis Member Posts: 76
    Question:Our CoolCat control panel has the Low fan speed setting, but the fan speed is the same on low or high. Is ours defective, or do other CoolCats actually have to fan speeds?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite, BMW X3
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    I wear earplugs when I sleep so there is no noise that affects my quality of sleep. My fan is on auto. I find the AC vibration more bothersome. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019