Options

What Factory Mods Would You Like on a T@b 400, (What I hate about my T@b)?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    @Jay1415

A few of us have slipped an angled shim behind the CoolCat control to angle it down and make it readable.  II think my tapered from around 3/8" at the top to zero at the bottom.  I made it out of a piece of PVC trim I had laying around from residing the garage.  Once i had the piece cut to size and shape I took a round file and made some channels from the narrow bottom end so I could slip it behind without undoing any wires.

2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    @Jay1415, 5'7" is tall to me! Anyway, I know what you mean about reading the AC display. A neat trick I learned somewhere on this forum is to shine a flashlight on the display. Voila - - it's readable without standing on a step stool! I now keep a little flashlight hanging on a hook right by the display. 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    I would like an insulated/sealed underbelly with heated tanks, gray/black drain and nautilus compartment.  I also would like them to use Arctic Tern Windows instead of the ones they have been using.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The Nautilus panel back side is is next to the Alde boiler, so it stays warm when the Alde is on.  For short transit trips in cold weather, it will not freeze.  Insulated tanks only need a small heating pad to keep them at. 40F in most North American winter conditions, even overnight when it gets coldest.  

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    @bergger

I am wondering about the Artic Tern Windows.  I like the current windows, but your endorsement has me curious about Artic Tern.
    2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    @bergger

I am wondering about the Artic Tern Windows.  I like the current windows, but your endorsement has me curious about Artic Tern.
     I like the windows NuCamp uses too but there is something a little better.  Actic Tern windows are very similar to the windows NuCamp uses, double pane acrylic window with bug screen and privacy screen, but no need to have to tighten down the awkward knobs on the supports to keep them open.  It's kind of a pain in the butt on the large front window.  The Actic Tern windows just lift up and click into place and lower the same way.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Jay1415Jay1415 Member Posts: 12
    Tabulating and Deb55, thanks for the tips. I was planning to cut a shim out of some blonde wood, but I haven’t figured out how to cut the piece without getting my fingers near the blade. I guess some type of jig. Anyway, the flashlight idea is great. 
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    edited April 2021
    The 2021 Tab 400 has reversed the location of the Dometic thermostat and the Alde monitor which fixes the height dependent visibility. I moved my Dometic thermostat lower after seeing a 2021 but tried the wedge first which worked for my DW. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    GeoMontanaGeoMontana Member Posts: 5
    We used to have a Tab 320 and like other folks on the forum, we miss having a Lagun table in our 2021 Tab 400.  It would be great if nuCamp offered a factory Lagun table option for the 400.  I would also add an external Lagun table mount.

GeoMontana
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock
    Towed by a 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    @GeoMontana I can attest to Verna's Lagun install method. I didn't do as nice of a job because I am a hack but the table was a game changer for us.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, Verna’s approach to mounting the Lagun mount was a very clever solution, and an excellent execution of a nice project.  It got me started thinking of a solution to the heavy TaB400 table on the older models.  Thanks Verna for all your help here.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.