Options

Ned help with electrical on new TV

LynMLynM Member Posts: 1

We’re looking for a 7-way wiring solution for a 2021 Odyssey EX-L. The fuse locations 10, 11 and 12 on the driver's side cargo area bulkhead have metal clips to accept a fuse. Someone has suggested a Bluetooth brake controller. Any ideas would be appreciated.Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    If you’re planning to install the 7pin connector yourself, I’ve had good luck using the eTrailer.com website to get the appropriate parts for my vehicle. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @LynM - Not sure about the Bluetooth brake controller, but we had a Prodigy RF brake controller installed on our TaB A frame.  Although we did not need to have a brake wire installed as part of the 7 pin, we had them install it anyway, just in case we sell the van it would have a full 7 pin.  Don’t forget to ask for a charge wire and make it 10 gauge to offer less drop in voltage and better charging of the TaB battery.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    We also have the Prodigy RF controller, chosen so as to not have to run a line to the brake switch (the batter and relevant fuse panel on our TV is in the rear of the car). I had previously installed a 4-pole connector, so installing a 7-pole was quite a bit easier, essentially requiring only a connection to the battery (via a circuit breaker) and a ground. The suggestion by @Sharon_is_SAM for 10 AWG for the battery connection is a good one. As others have suggested, etrailer is a great source of information as well as parts - there are a ton of installation videos and you should be able to find one appropriate for your situation.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country