Options

Mattress for heavy folks

We did our maiden voyage for a full week, which was a blast. We really love our T@b overall. That said, we are both heavy-set side sleepers and were *really* sore after sleeping on the stock mattress, Froli system and a 2 inch Brookside topper from Mattress Insider. Our hips and shoulders were especially sore. 
Do any fellow larger Tabbers have any suggestions for a more comfortable sleeping configuration? Do we ditch the Froli and go with a thicker mattress? 
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    First check I thought the Froli system was adjustable. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    There is no adjustment option for the stock gray style Froli mats sold with the newer Tabs. The other Froli systems sold by nickleatlantic are adjustable. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    First, you can replace the stock gray Froli springs from your hip to shoulder with the added star stiffener added.  We did this, plus a 2.5inch latex foam topper.  This worked a treat to make a comfy bed.  Your other option is to replace the stock mattress pads with a custom mattress, that has added support.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    @Denny16 - how many Froli springs did you need to buy to cover the area needed? Do you happen to have any pics? 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I had the older blue springs, so,I just ordered the box (minimum number you can order) and added the red stiffener stars to the blue springs.   You just need to change out the ones from your hip area (the middle of the mattress, to your shoulder area.  In my case this was three rows with four left over, which I used on the front edge where we sit to get in bed.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.