Broken Seat Cushions

We purchased our 2021 T@B 320S last July and camped 5-6 times already...just weekend trips and love the T@B.  I have been doing some upgrades (mainly electrical), getting ready for our first extended trip this summer.
I've seen just one post and a YouTube video mentioning a problem with the rear seats cushions (above the Alde and the A/C unit).  They mention a failure of the bottom wood frame on the cushions.  I checked mine and the bottom frame seems substantial enough.  
Does anyone know if there was a change made to the design at one point that resulted in lighter or heavier materials being used?  I'm considering adding some slats as a proactive measure before our big trip....but don't want to over-react.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    We purchased our 2021 T@B 320S last July and camped 5-6 times already...just weekend trips and love the T@B.  I have been doing some upgrades (mainly electrical), getting ready for our first extended trip this summer.
    I've seen just one post and a YouTube video mentioning a problem with the rear seats cushions (above the Alde and the A/C unit).  They mention a failure of the bottom wood frame on the cushions.  I checked mine and the bottom frame seems substantial enough.  
    Does anyone know if there was a change made to the design at one point that resulted in lighter or heavier materials being used?  I'm considering adding some slats as a proactive measure before our big trip....but don't want to over-react.
    Thanks in advance!

I saw that video and that was literally the first time I have heard of broken seat cushions.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• kmulhkmulh Member Posts: 36
    Mine broke after the 3rd trip and we're definitely not heavy people. NuCamp fully replaced both rear cushions under warranty.
    2021 T@B 400 BD
    2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Columbus, OH
  • Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 255
    @kmulh. Thanks for the comments.  Do the new cushions seem any better than the original?  I'm wondering if, at some point, NuCamp improved the design.  Thanks again!
  • kmulhkmulh Member Posts: 36
    The plywood did seem thicker but hard to tell for sure since they took the original. I was hoping they would add some support under the cushion but none was added. The new cushions haven't had any issues so I'm not too worried.
    2021 T@B 400 BD
    2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Columbus, OH