Options

How to access the fan in Coolcat a/c?

I have a noise coming from the Coolcat in our 2021 400. It is there if the compressor is on or off as long as the fan is running. When you turn the fan off it sounds like a bicycle wheel slowing down with a playing card in the spokes. I'm guessing that the fan is hitting something or out of alignment. 

I took the wood seat off to get full access but do not see how to get at the fan. I tried a search here but didn't find what I was looking for. Can anyone set me in the right direction?
Troy / 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon / 2021 Tab 400 BD / Sarasota, FL

Comments

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I had a fan noise in our Cool cat in a 2013 T@B Maxx.   I removed the Cool cat through the side and took off the cover.  Found a part of the styrofoam around the fan was distorted and hitting the blade.  Also found the fan on the shaft was loose and drifted forward a little.  I have installed the soft start on our cool cat in our 400 and not sure there is enough clearance to remove the cover from the A/C without removing the unit. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You can remove the bench seat and see if the fan can be accessed from under the bunk.  You might not be able to get the CoolCat cover completely off, but perhaps raise on side enough to see what the fan it hitting?
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TRobTRob Member Posts: 54
    Thanks guys. I got it to quiet down a bit. Used a phone camera to look in to one of the vents and found some metal tape loose. I was able to get it stuck back down. Not sure that was the whole problem but it is definitely better. 
    Troy / 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon / 2021 Tab 400 BD / Sarasota, FL