Help - Sick Gurgling Sound Water Pump

Just pulled into dry camp site (Brown Springs Campground, NM), forgot to turn Nautilus from Tank Fill to Dry Camp turned on the pump for a bit, it made a sick gurgling sound. Turned off pump. Switch Nautilus to Dry Camp. But still no go with pump. Let it run for a minute, didn't turn off, kept running. I put some water in a bucket and put Nautilus back to Tank Fill and tried to siphon water in that way with a short hose, thinking perhaps I needed to "prime" the pump again. It wouldn't suck water in.
2021 320S / 2018 Jeep Cherokee w/tow package / Madison, WI

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited April 2021
    Try flushing the toilet.  Air in the line to the pump?  I always recommend that you hook up to city water, fill your plumbing lines and Alde tank before heading to dry camp.  It prevents a lot of pump issues.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DharmaScoutDharmaScout Member Posts: 23
    Great, thanks! That seemed to get things going. Plus, I ran the faucets off & on a few times with the pump running. That seemed to get things going. Camping trip saved!!
    2021 320S / 2018 Jeep Cherokee w/tow package / Madison, WI
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 960
    If the flushing the toilet and turning the faucets on and off does not work in for some reason in the future you can try setting it to siphon mode and try getting water into the pump that way.  Just hold the  container of water higher than the pump if possible.  It does not take much water to prime the pump.  One time this happened to me and I had to actually pour water down my siphon tube then blow it into the pump to prime it.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado