Options

Power stabalizer drive.

ironshadowironshadow Member Posts: 48
I never even thought that cranking the stabilizer jacks up and down would be any kid of hardship. Until I injured my knee. Then all of a sudden I could see this becoming a chore. So today I make myself a socket that will attach to any rechargeable drill or driver. Works really slick!

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am getting ready to hack off my extra crank handle to use with a drill, too. I don't mind cranking but when it is a 90/90 day, anything to save from getting gross helps. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I did the same, makes the job a whole lot easier.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Here is an update. I kept the original handle in order. Just in case I ever forget my drill or the battery dies.
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    I cut off my crank handle also, than ground off 3 flats so the shaft won't slip in the chuck. Raising and lowering the jack only takes seconds. I have 3 battery drills so I just keep that one in the trailer. Forget to charge the battery? No, THAT will NEVER happen! Not to ME!
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    I cut off my crank handle also, than ground off 3 flats so the shaft won't slip in the chuck. Raising and lowering the jack only takes seconds. I have 3 battery drills so I just keep that one in the trailer. Forget to charge the battery? No, THAT will NEVER happen! Not to ME!
    The three flats, I like that idea
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    Can you buy those sockets or must you make them from the supplied crank? Most stabilizers use a standard 3/4 socket but there appears to be a slot in these from the pictures.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    JustJohn said:
    Can you buy those sockets or must you make them from the supplied crank? Most stabilizers use a standard 3/4 socket but there appears to be a slot in these from the pictures.

I just used a piece of pipe that had the same inside diameter as the original crank. Then cut two slots in one end. On the other end, I found an old 3/8" drive socket that fit inside the pipe. ( I think it was a 9mm) I tack welded it in. That gave me the right receiver for the 3/8" drive adapter.

• Options
    JustJohn said:

I just used a piece of pipe that had the same inside diameter as the original crank. Then cut two slots in one end. On the other end, I found an old 3/8" drive socket that fit inside the pipe. ( I think it was a 9mm) I tack welded it in. That gave me the right receiver for the 3/8" drive adapter.

Thanks, I guess I better wait until September when I actually have the T@B to make sure it's all the right size. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited August 2015
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Ratkity said:
    JustJohn said:
    You can buy them easily and they are a whole lot cheaper than modifying a crank.
    Where can you buy them, Ratkity? I'm not a welder and have far too many other hobbies!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    Here is one available on Amazon. 
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Mercator said:
    Thanks, Ray. It's on my wish list. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I used to raise and lower my stabilizers with a drill (Dutchmen T@B) and broke a "corner steady nut". I know LG stabilizers are different. Anyway, I'm now back to using the hand crank.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Mercator said:
    Thanks, ordered this morning.