Options

pump switch

NovaTabNovaTab Member Posts: 91
there's a second pump switch in the fill/hose box what does it control?
2021 TaB 320 Boondock, Gran Cherokee TrailHawk

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited May 2021
    It controls the water pump also, and works like a house three-way light switch, allowing you to turn on the pump from the Nautilus control panel, or inside the camper.  The outside Nautilus switch is for when you want to use the outside shower, or syphon (actually pumps it) water into the water tank.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    @NovaTab - I asked nuCamp Tech about this last November.  Creed replied that the black rocker switch is disabled.  NuCamp elected not to use it.  The other switch is a 3 way for the water pump.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    As with any two/three way switch the pump action can get out of sync from the inside panel light (light ON - pump OFF) when you use this.... :)
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited May 2021
    Yes, good point Mark, I would turn it on and off from the same switch.  When I said it was wired like a three way, I was not advocating turning it on on Nautilus panel switch and off in the Cabin switch.  Just you can turn it on /off from either location.  We keep our pump off, unless we are actually using it.  A habit from my big boat sailing days.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.