Movie Recomendation

Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 1,999
Just finished watching Nomadland.  Highly recommend this movie. Draw your own conclusions as to its message.
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 1,999
    It deals with Boondocking, living full-time in a van. Working seasonally for Amazon.  Being a camp host. Cleaning campsites. Being alone while growing older. Foregoing relationships for "freedom."  
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,071
    @Tabaz   So just a bleak enough message to make you give up RVing completely then...
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 [email protected] S Max, Austin TX

• ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 503
    While it deals with all of the topics listed by @Tabaz it also deals with people surviving the best they can with the loss of loved ones, jobs, homes...and finding a new community that helps to rebuild their spirit from all that loss. 
    It ain't all pretty, but heck, a whole lot of people really deal with this every day.
    Like @Tabaz says, draw your own conclusions as to its message. 

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 [email protected] 400 Boondock!
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 1,999
    DougH  and ChrisFix - my takeaway from the movie was a very positive message about a nomadic lifestyle.  Without giving away any specifics (and attempting to be a "Movie Critic"), I found the actions of the main character to be . . . . I'll leave it up to others how they interpret the movie.  WELL WORTH the $1.80 I spent on Redbox!  Unlike the three recent ultra-crappy Bruce Willis movies I rented. :(
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,001
    It’s well worth watching. Frances McDormand is brilliant. And it’s very interesting how the movie mixes a few actors with actual full timers like Bob Wells. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S [email protected]
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
  • cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 325
    I loved it. The acting was great and, like Frank, I thought the message was uplifting. Having been to badlands, wall drugs and quartzsite, I identified with it. I highly recommend watching it. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)