Options

2009 DM T@B Bearings, Brakes, Screen Door Kit: nuCamp quote seems high....

GrittyGritty Member Posts: 8
Hello! I'm a longtime lurker posting for the first time. My wife and I just bought a 2009 DM T@B T1 in nice condition.

Given that the tires are original, we are, of course, swapping those out for new as well as replacing bearings and brakes. We would also like to add a screen door (It's blackfly season!). I emailed Elsie, who gave me part numbers.

On the recommendation of someone here in a past post, I contacted Princess Craft to act as the retailer in ordering from nuCamp.  (This after trying two somewhat local nuCamp dealers who never replied to my inquiry.) Princess Craft couldn't be nicer. They got pricing from Elsie, and just called me with the following: 

Bearings are $141.23, each wheel, so we’d need to double that for a set; the brake jaw set is $476.63; and the accordion screen door kit is $229.35; shipping from nuCamp is $61.30.

I'm not much of a tightwad, but do these parts prices seem inordinately high? If so, I hope I can attribute it to the rampant COVID pricing taking place in most industries these days. 

Does anyone have a recent reliable source for the bearings and brakes that might be a squinch less expensive? 

Thanks for your time! This forum has proven to be immeasurably helpful already. 

Comments