Options

How does a Jack-e-Up work?

vitovito Member Posts: 181
I asked this same question in another thread and can't seem to find it to see if anyone answered me. I looked up Jack-E-Up on Amazon and see this round thing for $74 but have no idea how it is used or installed since the ad does not show it in use. Since many here say it is the solution to not being able to get the dolly wheel off the jack I was very interested in this, but wonder if the thing I looked at is even what is being recommended on this forum. Help!
2016 T@b S Maxx
2011 Subaru Outback
Rockford, Illinois

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited July 2015
    Vito, go to the Jack-e-Up website and there are videos demonstrating how it works.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    I use one and I am very satisfied with it. As jkjenn recommened, go their website and watch the videos.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, I swear by the Jack - Got one when they first came out.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help. Now I see how it works. Which one did you buy for your T@b? The universal model? Also, I'm not sure what the difference is between the Jack-e-hand and the Jack-e-station for storing the jack when not in use. It looks like with the Jack-e-Up, if I have the dolly wheel on, I could manuver the T@b to my TV, attach the T@b to the hitch ball, then just slide the jack up from the Jack-e-up without cranking the jack at all to allow me to remove the dolly wheel, then pull the jack completely up and store it. Am I missing something? This seems almost too good to be true. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    Yep, the standard universal. The Jack-E-Hand isn't really necessary, I just throw the Jack/wheel into the TV.
    Yes, once you're hooked up, you can just pull the jack assembly up in the donut and the wheel falls off.
  • Options
    @PXLated convinced me - ordered mine today. FWIW, Camping World has them on sale.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jenn - Do you remember what thread that was where I posted those pics a week or two ago?
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Vito, dunno what year your Tab is, but if you have the LG hydraulic brakes like we do on our early 2014, the Jack-e-Up won't fit, I'm pretty sure.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Chan - Since I have a 2015, hadn't thought of that.
    Jenn, you have a 2014 don't you?
  • Options
    I have a 2015 - they switched to electric brakes part of the way through the 2014 models.

• Options
    Ahhh - Don't know why I thought yours was a late 2014. I got mine last October and it was 2015 - when model doesn't match deliver year, hard to keep track.
  • Options
    Mine was one of the first 2015's and does not have some of the features (front window that opens, larger freshwater tank.)

• Options
    Why would brakes affect the use the of the Jack-e-up?
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    It has to do with the placement/location of the brakes controller on the T@b, if I understand, correctly. You can't really see anything, apart from the breakaway wire on the electronic brakes.

• Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    jkjenn said:
    @PXLated convinced me - ordered mine today. FWIW, Camping World has them on sale.
    Note you will need to add some washers to get the Jack-E-Up above the tongue bolts.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    Yep, need washers - See the pics at the link Cyclonic posted above.
    At first, it will seem totally unstable. Once it gets the tongue weight on the Jack it firms right up.
  • Options
    SaskTabbySaskTabby Member Posts: 19
    I also suffer from difficulty removing the dolly wheel from the jack on my 2016 CS-S.  

I have purchased an inexpensive hydraulic jack which I use to raise the trailer tongue to give me enough room to install or remove the dolly wheel.  However it is a bit of a hassle and I am therefore looking into jack-e-up.  

I would prefer not to store the dolly wheel or the jack within the TV or T@B.  I am therefore wondering about the Jack-e-hand or the Jack-e-station.  I am hoping someone might have some experience with them.  

Questions:
    1) What is the difference between the 
    Jack-e-hand and the Jack-e-station?  The jack-e-up website's descriptions seem to give no hint.
    2) From the pictures of the hand/station it looks like they will only hold the wheel or the jack, not both.  Is that correct?
    3) If so, has anyone looked into two jack-e-hands; one for the wheel and one for the jack? 
    4) Alternatively, does the hand/station allow the jack to slide through?  If so, I was wondering about drilling another hole through the jack several inches higher than the existing dolly wheel holes such that I could use the new hole and a pin to hold the jack in the hand/station, and then re-attach the dolly wheel to the end of the jack.  In case that doesn't make sense, let me reword it like this: the dolly wheel would be attached to the end of the jack with a pin as if was setting up camp, but the wheel would be well off the ground as the jack would be held in the hand/station by a new hole and pin.

Thanks in advance!

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Contact PopT@B on this forum he makes one that is superior to the Jack e up.  I think it costs less. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun