Options

Black tank flush access via Bathroom Sink Basin, Tab 400 BD, 2020

SweetHavenSweetHaven Member Posts: 4
I'm 99% sure the black water flush check valve is piped backwards.. It looks like I need to remove the complete sink housing to investigate.  I'm at a loss on how to remove the sink basin, which will allow me access to the two remaining screws directly behind the sink basin.  After I'm able to remove the white plastic housing I hope I can remove the plywood to gain access to the check valve.
Thank you for any help,
Sweet Haven

(Title edited for search purposes.  Moderator)

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited May 2021
    Here is what the wall looks like with the sink removed.  Once you get this far, yiu can cut the two black flush tubes, and use a hose barb union to reconnect them the right way round, without removing the ply support bit.

The two white tubes marked with red arrows are the black tank flush lines.  Good luck.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    SweetHavenSweetHaven Member Posts: 4
    I found that by tilting the sink at a small angle from the closed position, I was able to get to the two hidden screws.  I then looked for that style valve online and found one that had a picture of the correct flow direction.  Mine was piped incorrectly.  Thank you for your feedback.  Your advice seems like the best practical approach.  A trip to the hardware store tomorrow and I'll be putting this problem behind me.  Thanks again.
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @SweetHaven
    How did you know to look for this - what's the failure mode look like? Are you unable to get water to flow to the flush sprayer? 
    Thanks!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited May 2021
    Chris, there isn’t a failed valve, it is just installed wrong way round, so water from the hose black tank flush connection is not getting through the valve. This is a one-way check valve, which only allow water to flow on direction.  There was a discussion on this last year or so, which showed a top view of the valve and the factory fix for this.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.