Options

2007 T@B-Can I remove trim on top of camper?

Hi everyone,

New owner, so this is probably a dumb question for some of you more experienced folks.

My red trim on one side along the roof has several cracks. Can I remove it and, if so, do I need to replace it or can I just leave it off without water getting in? 

It appears that is what this owner has done. 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8323/2004-dutchmen-built-t-b-t2-camper

I really appreciate your help and feedback.

-Phil

Comments

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @plarsen111 JMHO, if it were me I would not.  It does cover the joint where the roof meets the sides.  On my 2017 there is also a rubber flexible type gasket that is pushed/butted up to that colored trim which also helps keep water out.  I would reach out to Nucamp or a dealer to get a price --you could also maybe try searching for used and paint it to match.  
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    The plastic trim is merely trim, and is not needed for weather protection. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    plarsen111plarsen111 Member Posts: 2
    lkc001 said:
    @plarsen111 JMHO, if it were me I would not.  It does cover the joint where the roof meets the sides.  On my 2017 there is also a rubber flexible type gasket that is pushed/butted up to that colored trim which also helps keep water out.  I would reach out to Nucamp or a dealer to get a price --you could also maybe try searching for used and paint it to match.  
    Do you believe the nuCamp would sell such an old trim piece, especially since it is the Dutchmen model? Or are the new nuCamp's the same size and shape and I could order and just have it fit?
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I do believe the early NuCamp pieces will interchange with Dutchmen. Color matching will be a problem. You may need to repaint all the trim. I do know that the parts are quite expensive. Each section was in the hundreds if I remember. You might look into plastic welding or bonding something to the back side
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    GeoGeo Member Posts: 160
    @plarsen111,  As @Dalehelman said the trim is decorative. 
    I have successfully repaired the plastic trim with plumbers PVC glue, just depends on how bad your cracks are.
    Geo & Liz
    T@BMahal
    '04  #100
  • Options
    bambooflybamboofly Member Posts: 4
    Just got a quote from NuCamp on a white trim piece. Parti.d. 78-75-6771.No guarantee that it will fit perfectly. Ridiculous, $300.00 plus $75 to drop ship. If anyone wants to remove theirs, I would purchase it. Color no important. Small section on right side going down to the pull handle.