Options

2022 model year questions

Comments

• Options
    renesadaerenesadae Member Posts: 51
    Aloha from Noobie nüCamper 320 CS-S. We just ordered and have a delivery date of early September 2021. I have a few questions. Actually, a few dozen, but for this post...

1) With it being less than 2 months after the new model release date, how realistic is it to count on having it in our driveway by mid September? Is there a history of delays we should temper our excitement (and travel plans) with?

2) Is there any way to find out what changes are coming to the 2022 model?

3) Is there a category here for just CS-S-ers? Or is the CS-S just less popular? I can't seem to find anything regarding storage for bedding except in the CS or S. Should I post questions like that in Modifications, or...where? 

I'm a planner with a woodshop and sewing machine :). I want to spend my summer making, gathering, modifying some basic supplies (bedding, kitchen, bins, storage, etc). I'd be so happy to have measurements of things like the inside of the sink, thickness of cushions, space above of and to the right side of mirror, kitchen/interior under-cabinet depth to wall and height from counter, etc from any 2021 CS-S from owners willing to take and post.

Mahalo to this Forum and the posters!
    René
    Dave & René
    1/1/21 Retirement Life Begins!
    Chocolate Subie Ascent, Silver T@B CS-S, 4 spoked wheels, 2 ol' legs - we're good!
    Oregon <--everywhere--> Hawai'i otherwise
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Welcome, @renesadae

1. NüCamp has no idea what will happen from day-to-day as far as the strained parts issue. We could sit here and speculate all day long and that would just be a waste of time. Honestly, your T@B will be completed when it is completed. 

2. nuCamp has never made a list of new options until the last minute, and sometimes we have we had to figure out what is new when the new owners start asking questions. 

3. Sorry, we are at the max for Categories. Your future CS-S has everything the S models have, with the exception of a smaller bed, more storage and an outside kitchen. Your winterizing may or may not be a bit different. There are a number of CS-S owners on here, and we are all helpful, regardless of the model. 

So dream, watch out getting too many camping items before delivery and camping, and plan on camping on your driveway to familiarize yourself when the your new T@B comes in. Start reading in the categories in your spare time so you are more informed when you do take delivery. 

Good luck 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    edited May 2021
    renesadae said:

3) Is there a category here for just CS-S-ers? Or is the CS-S just less popular? I can't seem to find anything regarding storage for bedding except in the CS or S. Should I post questions like that in Modifications, or...where? 

There are probably a lot more "CS-S" units out in the wild  than "CS" units (no wetbath). AFAIK NuCamp hasn't offered a clamshell without a bath for a few years. So when people talk about a "clamshell" unit, they're mostly talking about a CS-S, with a few exceptions.. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    SpudLimeSpudLime Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2021
    I ordered a 2022 320S boondock last month. Delivery first week of September. (I hope)  Salesman said the rep told him a new converter will be used so that if you drop in a lithium, it will be able to fully charge the battery. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    About time to update the battery charger system in the converter, sweet!
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    Does anybody know if the new drop in for the WFCO 8735 to the ...LiS includes a better 3 stage (Bulk-Absorb-Float) charger then the old. On my lead-acid batteries I rarely i ever see the float stage - using the Smart Shunt - I only see Absorb not float with the convertor but if I'm running the Victron solar controller I always see the Float mode. Am I interpreting this incorrecly?
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @MarkAl - the WFCO 8735 starts at absorption (13.6).  It will not go into bulk unless the battery is depleted to 12.2 V or less.  It does not enter Float unless there is “no load” for 48 hrs.  So, since we have phantom drain (CO/LPG detector, radio=TV, USB, etc), you probably won’t see float.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    This is the reason I use @gderrick idea on the laptop supply to charge the batteries when the trailer is stored as I don't trust the WFCO converter to manage the batteries long term. I use my remote Victron solar input. T@B Forum | nuCamp RV and it manages Lithium if/when I decide to switch. BTW the 100 watt laptop charger also allows the refrigerator to be ON for precooling the night prior to a trip. Very nice feature. I could use a real battery charger but this is simpler.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Looks like PJ from Princess Craft is doing the walk through videos for nuCamp!  She does a great job!

https://youtu.be/edbwJ5lFplU
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    subkronsubkron Member Posts: 152
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • Options
    Be aware she did not talk about 2 safety items. The wheel pin or some similar pin must be used to verify the hitch handle is locked down. The indicators she showed are not sufficient for safety! The other is the trailer battery must have some charge AND the Battery Disconnect Switch must be ON (or used to be????) to allow the emergency Brake Away cable to operate properly.
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
    MarkAl said:
    Be aware she did not talk about 2 safety items. The wheel pin or some similar pin must be used to verify the hitch handle is locked down. The indicators she showed are not sufficient for safety! The other is the trailer battery must have some charge AND the Battery Disconnect Switch must be ON (or used to be????) to allow the emergency Brake Away cable to operate properly.
    She skipped both on the 320S also.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York