Options

320S Roof Trim Strips

OyajiOyaji Member Posts: 31
edited November 2021 in Trailer & Towing
I saw the thread on T@B 400 roof trim strips, https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13568/400-bd-buckled-roof-trim-strips#latest  I have a similar issue with my 320S Boondock roof trim strips.  On both sides, the trim strips are coming off in places.  See the picture of only the passenger side below.

The roof trim strips for the 320S are of a different design from the 400, and require you to place the trim strip over the edge of the end cap.  A rather crude drawing of a cross section of the end cap and trim piece is below.

The problem is, it is difficult to impossible to get the trim piece up and under the edge of the end cap.  At least, I couldn't figure out a way of doing it.  Which means, one of these days while I'm going down the highway, they will blow away altogether if I can't figure out how to do it. 

So the questions arise--

1.  Is there a trick to getting the trim piece over the entire length of the edge of the end cap?

2.  Is there an easy way to take off the end cap so I can re-set and glue in the trim pieces, and then re-install the end cap?

3.  Do these trim pieces serve any function other than decorative, such that it doesn't matter if they blow away? 

Comments