Options

need tail light cover for 2016 320s--no response from NuCamp

I have a 2016 320S, I have been looking for a replacement tail light cover. I tried online, called two dealers, visited two auto-parts stores, and got no response from NuCamp to either a voice message or an email.  Anyone know where I can find the right tail light cover?  I'm in Sonoma County, northern CA.

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    You will probably need to buy a new taillight assembly, since new us its use LEDs that do not have removable covers.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    rbyrne said:
    I have a 2016 320S, I have been looking for a replacement tail light cover. I tried online, called two dealers, visited two auto-parts stores, and got no response from NuCamp to either a voice message or an email.  Anyone know where I can find the right tail light cover?  I'm in Sonoma County, northern CA.
    NuCamp no longer sells direct to T@B owners. Have you tried Vogel's RV in Ukiah? They're a pretty good T@B dealer. They are not in on Sundays. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Do you mean the taillight lens cover, the light itself or the plastic surrounding the entire light?  Here's two that may help:
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/4679/replacing-taillights-with-led
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9639/taillight

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    Type the number on the lense into Google.  Many sources come up for replacement.  From just lense to whole light assembly.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    jmklinglerjmklingler Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022
    Replacement taillight for 2016 T@B 320S.  The tail light for my T@B went out, I began searching for a replacement.  There were several comments in the forum, but none pointed me in the right direction.  However, by inspecting the tail light housing I finally found a part number stamped on the housing.  See the photo.  The stamp is "KIIL15-0021", which stands for Kaper II L15-0021.  The exact replacement part is available on Amazon, and probably other sources.

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited July 2022
    Funny how there is often a simple solution to a seemingly unsolvable problem.  Nice detective work, @jmklingler.  I suppose the moral of the story is to look a little deeper, and to take a look at the "hidden" side of a part (i.e., the reverse side) when seeking a replacement.  Also, kudos to those manufacturers that dutifully stamp the part number right on whatever they sell to help out the end user down the road.  (I also like to keep notes of such things for future reference "just in case" and found in my notes that @MuttonChops posted the same part number in a discussion thread back on 05-31-2021.)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)