Options

Drip drip drip

TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
Tampakayaker please resize your photos and repost.

2016 320 S
Packed up yesterday after 5 days camping hooked up to city water (with a regulator).  Used water mainly for flushing toilet.  Disconnected hose from water pedestal after turning off the valve, then disconnected at the camper.  Went to the restroom and when I came back I had a slow steady drip coming from the underneath edge where the floor touches the wall, and also eventually by the black tank 90 degree fitting to the clean out tube.  Checked the black tank and it was about 4 inches below the top, no water in the grey or fresh water tank. Did a quick check by the pump and didn’t feel or hear anything.  I opened the faucet and had water come out for about 30 seconds.  Hour drive home, parked in driveway and no drips.  Before I get started blindly tearing apart things does anyone have an idea of what would cause a leak with no water connected or where to start looking.  I haven’t hooked water back up yet.
2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
Tampa FL

Comments

• Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    edited May 2021

Stick your phone down by the pump and take a video, make sure the flash is on, to see if maybe the a connection is leaking down there. It was in mine but still have not figured out what.

Picture was resized
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    webers3 said:
    Stick your phone down by the pump and take a video, make sure the flash is on, to see if maybe the a connection is leaking down there. It was in mine but still have not figured out
    Was yours leaking after you disconnected the hose?
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    The city water connection also has a tendency to leak on the back side. It's a threaded fitting with a propensity to loosen over time. T@B yoga practitioners can usually get their arm in far enough to snug it up. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ScottG said:
    The city water connection also has a tendency to leak on the back side. It's a threaded fitting with a propensity to loosen over time. T@B yoga practitioners can usually get their arm in far enough to snug it up. 
    Do you mean in the dreaded area behind the toilet?  And any particular reason why it would start when there was no water supply connected?  Was it just the residual water under pressure?  Can I get to that connection by pulling out the city water connection from the outside?
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404

Was yours leaking after you disconnected the hose?
    I don't know what caused it, possibilities are; I had a leak from the hose that connects to the kitchen faucet, or water fill, or city water connection. I have not had it since. Also even with pressure regulator I don't fully open the city water faucet.
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited May 2021
    As Scott said, sounds like the city water valve inside connection may be loose.  I found that reaching in with my left hand with head down to right of toilet allowed me to grab & tighten the knurled threaded connector.  After it came loose a second time, I installed a port hole to access it for annual tightening..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8617/fresh-water-leak-fixed-again/p3
    That topic has photos of the connection as viewed from inside behind the toilet where you cannot see - do it by feel, reaching below the fresh water lines.
    You may want to also rule out other leaks from sink & shower, but I'd bet it's the city water pipe, which is under pressure when using either water source - city or fresh tank/pump.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    I'm just puzzled why it started to drip after I had the city water connection disconnected?  It's too hot right now to climb into the bathroom.  I'll wait until tomorrow morning when it'll only be 82 degrees @8 AM.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Maybe having the high water pressure on the outside of that check valve somehow kept it closed tighter (maybe higher pressure too).  Pressure may have dropped a bit on the inside after disconnecting, which may have opened the gap in the threaded fitting. 
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Mine leaked in the “dreaded black hole” behind toilet.  I got my long, skinny forearm down there and was barely able to touch it. But enough to tighten the bulkhead fitting on the freshwater line.  Good to go!
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.