Options

What do you use your inverter for?

I’m struggling to get my inverter on my new Tab 400 Boondock to work and it occurred to me to think why I care.   I’m a solo male camper, don’t need a hairdryer and am likely to pull the microwave for more storage.

So - what do you guys use inverter AC for?
2021 Tab 400 Boondock, 2021 Toyota Tacoma, Juno Beach Florida

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited May 2021
    I use it for my coffee pot and also my toaster. Obviously, not at the same time. I also modified the wiring so that the outlet on top of the counter is also powered by the inverter. I don't think it has nearly enough amperage (10 Max at 120 volts) to power a microwave, or at least the one in our 2020 400 BDL.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    rrcbovrrcbov Member Posts: 109
    Dutch061 said:
    I use it for my coffee pot and also my toaster. Obviously, not at the same time. I also modified the wiring so that the outlet on top of the counter is also powered by the inverter. I don't think it has nearly enough amperage (10 Max at 120 volts) to power a microwave, or at leas the one in our 2020 400 BDL.

Brad
    Will have to think about toast.   I’ve gotten more personally engaged in my coffee habit and have a 1zpresso manual coffee grinder and a French press.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock, 2021 Toyota Tacoma, Juno Beach Florida
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    I use it for the Dish satellite television, microwave, sometimes laptop, Rad e-Bike charger, and recharging the "Help I've Fallen and Can't Get Up" device I wear around my neck.  I use a small 300W inverter for everything  except the microwave.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited May 2021
    @rrcbov, I am lazy. I use a Mr. Coffee 4 cup drip (same as at home) with a variety of dirt involved. My aunt gave me a bag of beans from Costco, some Italian expresso that has been my favorite dirt for the last couple of weeks. About 3 years ago, I started the pursuit of the perfect cup of coffee and gave up after buying a burr grinder and trying dozens of different beans. If I don't have beans to grind, I just buy Cafe Bustelo and make an eye opener! 

I have an Aeropress for backpacking, but it's like work compared to a drip. 

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    And a drip coffee brewer is better hearth wise according to some recent research I have read, due to the paper filter used removing bad stuff from the cupa.  Also, the AMIS inverter on the TaB400 will not run a microwave, tried using a smaller one than the nüCamp provided model, no go...
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    OlyCampersOlyCampers Member Posts: 23
    We use ours occasionally to power LED party lights under the canopy. And less often to charge a laptop. While seldom used, it is (theoretically) quite handy.
    2020 T@B 400 Boondock Lite behind our 2014 GMC Sierra. Homeport is Olympia WA USA.
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 621
    Immersion blender for soup and smoothies.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,030
    I use it for out DVD player and sometimes a coffee pot.
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Nothing. I tried it to see if it worked but have not used it since. I have a 12 volt adapter for my CPAP, laptop, and devices including cell booster. DW has a rechargeable curling iron. I boil water on the stove for my hot beverages.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI