Options

Batteries not charging all of a sudden?

Hello All,
We just returned from our inaugural trip with our new TAB 400 2021 trailer, and suddenly, it seems that the battery wont charge?

We had solar for a few days and had the propane on after a full charge from home before our trip and everything went fine. In fact, we never lost battery once, it was full the whole time for us and we were boondocking!

After we returned, we had it in the driveway for 24 hours, plugged in the charge when we got home, not that we needed it ( the battery still read full from the drive and the sun), and it worked great. we were in it in the driveway and the lights and radio and pump and everything worked fine. .....but, when you unplug it now, the battery is empty and there is nothing there. First, thats weird, because we were full when we got home and i turned off the propane and the minifridge right away, and it seems that there is a disconnect between the charge going in and the battery receiving it?

We have had the battery on the "on" position

I have checked the fuses and breakers and they are fine, but they should be because when i plug it in it all works,  its when i unplug it, there is no battery on anything whatsoever in terms of a charge.

Batteries damaged somehow? 

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or recommendations.

Best,
Jeremy 

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Did you check the battery circuit breaker in the outside storage locker under the bed?  This is easy to bump when loading or unloading gear into the compartment.  It is a black box next to the battery cutoff switch, and if tripped, it acts like another battery cutoff switch, disconnecting the battery from the trsiler circuits.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    DoobsDoobs Member Posts: 14
    thanks Denny! actually found it in the compartment in the outside where the battery on off switch is. Thanks!! Problem solved!
    Jeremy
  • Options
    Glad you got it sorted Jeremy.
    cheers
  • Options
    NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    @Denny16 Thank you for this tip! I also had a problem with my power suddenly going off and my batteries not charging. It happened late at night while on a trip isolated and far from home. I checked the switch  you mentioned and it had tripped. I am so grateful to find this solution! 
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • Options
    glad to help.  This circuit breaker is easy to overlook.
    cheers