Options

Mount Pisgah Campground Bicycle Friendly?

TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
We are heading to Mount Pisgah Campground next week, and we have never been there before.  Does anyone know if the CG is bicycle-friendly?  (In other words, not too hilly; I’m looking for recreation, not a workout. ;)

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    On Google maps, on Streetview, someone has walked the campground and took pictures all over it.  Some of the elevation changes were a bit hard to see ( I only looked at about 10 pictures).  It is as the top of the surrounding terrain, but I'm betting it does have plenty of elevation change for your bike ride.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    Campground is not extremely hilly.  It's been a few years since I was there, but if I remember correctly, there were a couple of loops that are pretty flat, and one that has a little hill.
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited June 2021
    We stayed there one night last October, absolutely a beautiful place and hard to get a spot most of the time. I would agree with @grubbster that it is not rigorous but will provide you some exercise. My only complaint would be firewood, they sell it across the road, $10.00 for a tiny bundle but this time of the year a fire may not even be desired. Even my wife the "pyromaniac" doesn't like a fire in the heat of the summer.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    edited June 2021
    Great spot. Its right up the road from us. Its not that big but you can ride all the loops. Or take your bike to the River Arts District to ride the new path. If you are going to the Biltmore, you can ride there.
    FYI They have been having bear activity to the point that They are not allowing tent camping. The arboritum is very  close and pretty. You can get kiln dried wood at local stores.
    PM me if you want recommendations or need help.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Returned from Mount Pisgah Campground; a very enjoyable stay!  Especially so since the CG was closed to tents and soft-sided campers due to recent bear activity, so the CG was far less than 50% full.  No bears sighted.  I would say CG is suited to billy goats that ride bikes; it is quite hilly, sites are a bit short (perfect for a T@B!), but most are well screened from other sites. Overall, a very nice stay, even the day we spent literally in the clouds and raining.  At 4920 ft elevation, the highest temp all week was 70. Not bad for the last week of June in the Southeast.