Options

The Secret Life of Wires

2»

Comments

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited July 2022
    Thanks, @Denny, I've already done that!  See here..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/106983
    I've got a pos/neg busbar box next to the battery box & a battery monitor shunt box next to that.  Both use 6G cables between them & to the battery, so I only need to connect this additional 8G ground to my negative battery bus bar (in parallel with the existing 8G instead of replacing it).  Looks like I have space for it.  Now, if only the rain will take a break, I can finish this job.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Grand Brian, your install came out looking very nice and tidy.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited July 2022
    Thanks, @Denny16!
    Ok, here is my last installment on my new ground wire project for adding a second 8G ground wire in our 320S.  I showed on the previous page how I ran it from the converter ground block to main junction box under tongue, and now from the junction box to the battery (or in our case via a bus bar box with other negative & positive battery connections, and from there via 6G negative cables to the Victron monitor shunt in another box, then to the battery).
    Here's the main junction box with both ground wires now installed..

And below is the junction box in the tub, with the new green 8G ground wire attached to the same terminal as the 6G cable going back to the battery via the monitor shunt.

Ok, after all this new wiring, it still works like before!  👍 Well, but with a new ground wire on the Alde too, and hopefully no unexpected ground loop voltages/currents.  
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods