Options

The television in T@B 320s

I will never use the TV!  Didn’t use it in the previous 2 Teardrops I owned. Has anyone removed it to make storage space - maybe with cargo netting?  I will need to re- install whenever I decide to sell in the future so looking for tips that won’t affect trailer permanently. Thanks. 
Aggie/ 2021T@B320S; Alde Compact 3020 HE/ 2021 Subaru Ascent
Rockville, MD (a D.C. suburb)

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ZippyA, @ScottG removed his TV a few years ago from his 2015 T@B. Try a search on removing TV….  It seems like someone else also removed their TV also. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,449
    Yep, I get a lot more mileage out of my little junk shelf than I ever did from the television. I wrote about the specifics here.

A few others have done something similar. Check out this discussion as well.

Note that things might be a little different in the 2021. I understand that the wall to which the TV is mounted is still hollow but no longer solidly framed. I'm not sure how exactly the TV is secured or how you might use the space behind it, but I don't imagine it would be too hard to figure out once you start poking around.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    I removed the TV, it was quite easy.  I also used some of the existing holes in the plastic back panel to attach  a 1/4" ply panel on which I attached a canvas "bag" that holds a variety of useful things..toothbrushs, etc.  Removing the TV and labeling all conections and a picture of them is also something I did.  Replacement should not be a problem if we ever sell our 320s.
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    Scott was more ambitious. Looks great!
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E