Options

2020 400 Flooring Cleaning Help Needed

We managed to get some foreign substance onto the floor at the entryway of our 2020 400. No idea what the substance was although I'm a bit suspicious that it has something to do with the rubber backed  rug that was sitting at the entryway. What ever the substance is it seems to have penetrated the surface a bit and moved laterally. Does anyone know what the flooring is specifically? Manufacturer? Safe cleaning substances? Haven't tried much yet other than a damp rag and that seems to do pretty much nothing.

2020 Tab 400 BDL with Solar
2013 Tacoma TRD with towing package
Vermont

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Ours had this only way worse on our 2020 400 BDL. The cause was an adhesive issue. Ours went to OH over the winter to have the flooring replaced. 

Get with NuCamp and your dealer, but that is my suspicion based on our experience. 

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    edited June 2021
    We never had the adhesive issue, but the door mat we customized for our 400 would cover your issue.  This was made from a Chilewich door mat.

Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    HBarryHBarry Member Posts: 25
    Brad wondering if you have any pictures of your situation. Also I'm assuming that was done under warranty?
    Thanks!
    Vermont
  • Options
    I didn't take any pictures of mine, dealer called me the day before I was to pick it up in March of 2020 and said that they had been trying to remove the stains but weren't successful. I had seen the stains when we made the deal, and it wasn't anything that would prevent us from using the camper. They reached out to NuCamp with photos and were advised it was an adhesive issue and that the flooring would need to be replaced. My response was, that's fine I will bring it to you this fall late when I am done using it.

Yes, the flooring was replaced under warranty and they (NuCamp) done a terrific job. They put in the floor covering that was used in 2021's which is a thicker and more pliable covering and also has a much better appearance in my opinion.

Brad
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    jspot99jspot99 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2021
    Hello - my Tab 400 has what appears to be similar "black stains" on/under the floor. They appeared near the door and near the bed platform. The black stains spread over the next few months, but the spread appears to have slowed down.

There is no bubbling of the floor material and the floor is not spongy.

Any suggestions on what this actually is i.e. mold or flooring discoloration? And what is the recommended way to remove this? Of course, I don't want to have to do a full floor replacement...

Thanks!
    Josh

2020 Tab 400 Boondock Lite
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8
    Vancouver, BC
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    We had this in our 2020 400 BDL as noted in my previous posts. As per NuCamp it is a problem with the adhesive used to glue the floor covering to the floor. I noticed it the day I bought it and was called 24 hours before I was to take delivery and advised what the root cause was. They replaced my floor covering under warranty along with some other warranty work that was performed last winter at the factory after I was finished using it for the season.

Brad
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    HBarryHBarry Member Posts: 25
    @jspot99. Do you have a 2020 400? I’m guessing yes since the flooring looks the same as mine and I’m seeing the notorious AIR8 inlet grill underneath the bed. I had my dealer query Nucamp on it and what I got back via the dealer from Abbi in warranty was:
    The entire floor does not need replaced just the linoleum on top. We can try and help the customer find a place that could assist him , if he wants to reach out directly to us.
    I have not contacted them yet but will post what the result of that discussion is. 
    Dutch061 (another owner of the notorious AIR8) did you deal with NuCamp directly or was it all done via your dealer? If NuCamp can I ask who your contact was?
    Barry
    Vermont
  • Options
    Barry, yes I reached out to NuCamp later last summer via email and in early October Aaron Hawkins called me and we got everything set up. Yes, only the floor covering was replaced, but I had other issues that needed to be addressed and NuCamp decided it was best for the camper to come back to them to take care of things there. I took it to my dealer in early November and NuCamp arranged for it to be hauled back to them, I was out of the area basically all winter taking care of some family stuff and got it back in early March. 

They replaced the floor covering with what was used for 2021 that is much thicker and it looks great! The other items were taken care of well above my expectation and satisfaction level.

Very pleased with my NuCamp experience overall, they certainly went above and beyond my expectations in all aspects.

Brad
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Appreciate all the comments and insight! Yes, I have a 2020 Tab 400. Since I am located in Vancouver, BC a trip to the Nucamp factory is not an option. I have reached out to Nucamp customer support and will report back on what they say. Hopefully there is a local shop that can do the repair.
    Vancouver, BC
  • Options
    Update: NuCamp offered to replace the flooring under warranty. Local NuCamp dealer will perform the repair.
    Vancouver, BC
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    This weekend, I noticed the dreaded black stains on our camper floor. It’s a 2020 Tab 400.
  • Options

An update on my Tab 400 flooring issue if anyone is interested:

Background: I am the second owner of the trailer. It was 5 months old when I bought it from Traveland RV in Langley, BC, Canada.

nuCamp originally agreed to replace the floor under warranty. They communicated with me by email. They said to schedule the repair with Traveland.

Traveland informed it would be a 4 month wait. I agreed.

After 4 months, Traveland then informed that nuCamp would not cover the repair under warranty because I was not the original owner.

I said this was not acceptable because the flooring is an obvious manufacturing defect, the trailer was practically new when I bought it, and nuCamp should stand behind their product.

Traveland’s service department suggested that I email them with my concerns and they would see if Traveland’s management would ask nuCamp if they would consider changing their position.

I have now followed up with Traveland twice and have received no response after almost one month.

Totally unacceptable from both nuCamp and Traveland. I am not letting this go yet.

Others beware.

Vancouver, BC
  • Options
    Yea, I don't understand the rationale on basically voiding a warranty just because you are not the original owner. A defect is a defect. 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    edited April 2022
    I agree.  They should fix it under warranty!  When you buy a used car the warranty is still good until it expires.  Why won't NuCamp do this.  Would expect more from then especially since it was only 5 months old and bought through one of their dealers.  

I supposed the worse case scenario is to get directions from NuCamp on how to repair it.  From my understanding the subfloor is okay.  You just need to pull up the old vinyl, clean of the floor then lay down new vinyl with proper adhesive.  They should still take care of it or at least send you all the materials to do it yourself. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado