2021 400 BD Propane Usage

Just curious how everybody else's propane usage is. We've only used our trailer a total of 5 nights so far and are down to 60% in our propane tank. We've cooked breakfast and dinner, heated coffee 7 times or so, had the heat on during 4 nights (got down to mid 40s) and used hot water. I know usage varies but does that much propane usage sound right? One thing I forgot to do is turn off the hot water when we weren't using it so I'm assuming it was constantly reheating it.
2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited July 2021
    In the winter and early spring snowbirdding and with dispersed camping (no electricity) in Arizona, I could get 7 to 10 days out of a 20 lb tank of propane in my former 2019 T@B 400. One person, one shower every day, wash dishes once a day. I never bothered turning off the Alde’s hot water during the day. I mostly used the 400’s bathroom if in the campground. 

I would say you are doing well with two people (an assumption on two people as “we” was used in your posts). 

I did always carry a second 20 lb tank so I could change to a full tank just before the first tank ran out. And I did go full the empty tank as soon as possible so that I wouldn’t forget. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Oh yeah. It's actually three people (1 is a child). Good to hear it sounds normal. The tank in our tent trailer could last forever but it's just used for heat and cooking. No hot water. Clearly not apples to apples though.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    We have a generator that runs on propane for AC whilst boondocking whenever it is egregiously hot -- planning on having a second propane tank installed in the tub for that level of consumption.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • MischiefBrewingMischiefBrewing Member Posts: 26
    I've noticed that running the heater in our 2020 T@B 400 eats way more propane than just the fridge and hot water.  Definitely lugging a full backup tank during colder camping...