Options

3-way refrigerator on 2019 T@B 320-S is very difficult to light to run off gas

Sometimes my fridge will light off gas but usually it is near impossible and I finally give up.  Even when the fridge is already cold and I have pre-lit the stove to be sure the gas is flowing, I click the igniter repeatedly with no luck.  The problem times seem to be getting more frequent.  Any advise?

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    Suggest you search some of the older threads on 3-way operation on propane
    for example: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/90568#Comment_90568
    Included it that thread is:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    We had the same issue in our 2017 320-S. Make a preacher talk bad trying to get it lit. Once it was lit, it was fine or as fine as absorption refrigerators get.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    edited July 2021
    Just recently went through few hours of troubleshooting the same issue on my 2017 320s

The sparker could be too far from the burner to create a spark, or the flame sensor has moved and is not directly over the flame. In either case you have to open the bottom side panel to get at the burner compartment and then remove the small panel covering the burner. There you will see the sparker and the flame sensor. With someone help you can watch what happens when the sparker is pressed to see if there is a spark, you can also light it manually to make sure there is gas flow. One other thing to try before doing this deep dive is to drop the front of the trailer, this will cause the flame to tilt toward the back of the burner and  the flame sensor, if it lights then this will confirm that the flame sensor is not in the right position. Good luck. In my case I had to reposition the flame sensor. 
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @jtalarek, see the document I posted in the link below regarding that refrigerator (I am assuming you have the same one as I have in my 2019 320 S.)  Maybe it will help you out.  Good luck!

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6390/norcold-refrigerator-manual-guidelines-tips#latest
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    jtalarekjtalarek Member Posts: 19
    A wealth of information!  Thank you so much
  • Options
    jtalarekjtalarek Member Posts: 19
    So I slowed down and followed all the steps - including being more precise about leveling side to side - and I got the fridge to light!  Thank you all so much!
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    What year is your Tab? (You might want to put that info in your sig line for future postings)

The level of the Tab won't matter so much with whether or not it lights, but does matter when it comes to being able to cool. 

Good pointers above, but my problem turned out to be a loose flame-sensing thermocouple. In ours, that connection is under the stove-top, but it may be different on yours, if a different model or year. I eventually secured the thermocouple nut with loctite.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya