Tire Pressure Monitor System suggestions?

I'm interested in getting a really easy-to-install tire pressure monitoring system to add a bit more piece of mind while on the road. I start every trip doing a manual pressure check, but, well things happen while traveling.
I know this topic has been discussed before but I can't find anything really current unless I'm totally missing it.
2021 320 S Boondock
Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
Des Moines, IOWA!

Comments

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,139
    Any that have sensors that screw onto valve stems are pretty easy DIY systems. I use the long time brand of TST, I believe it is the TST 507. Check out TechnoRv.com. they sell that one and another brand too so you can compare.
    2019 [email protected] 400 Boondock Lite
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 536
    I installed this on my 400 in March and have absolutely loved it. It comes with an extender for the wireless system (that has to be hardwired), but for the distance needed with the 400, the extender isn't needed to get the signal from the tire stem monitors to the display panel on your dash/windshield. Not needing the extender makes this completely wireless, and takes about 2 minutes to fully install. It works perfectly and has given me a huge peace of mind to be able to see in real-time the pressure and temperature of each tire...with built in alarms for fast and slow deflation warnings.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0797LQ44K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 [email protected] 400 Boondock!
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • andyboyandyboy Member Posts: 115
    edited July 21
    Thanks for info @ChrisFix. I had been looking at this one but the extender threw up a red flag only because we use two different tow vehicles. I wasn't thinking it wasn't really necessary but thank you for confirming!
    I was also looking at this one that works with a smartphone via bluetooth. While developed primarily for bikes, would certainly work with [email protected]: two tires just sideways.

2021 320 S Boondock
    Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 536
    andyboy said:
    Thanks for info @ChrisFix. I had been looking at this one but the extender threw up a red flag only because we use two different tow vehicles. I wasn't thinking it wasn't really necessary but thank you for confirming!
    I was also looking at this one that works with a smartphone via bluetooth. While developed primarily for bikes, would certainly work with [email protected]: two tires just sideways.

I've found no instance where range has been an issue with my setup. I affixed the monitor to the upper left corner of my windshield, where the solar/lithium battery seems to be completely happy and keeps it charged without issue.
    I personally prefer the dedicated monitor vs a cellphone app, just because the monitor is always there, which I think encourages actually using it more frequently, and I don't have to fuss with anything while driving, but that is a choice you can make.
    Good luck with whatever setup you get. I do think you'll enjoy having the tire pressure info available while traveling down the road.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 [email protected] 400 Boondock!
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 84
    Any recommendations for systems that will work across my Tab and boat trailer. The boat tires get wet, submerged, when launching and retrieving.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,139
    @dlb probably internal would be best, but the TST valve stem sensors are supposed to be waterproof, however at least one of mine did leak. They have an boring seal that can apparently fail.
    2019 [email protected] 400 Boondock Lite
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 84
    @N7SHG_Ham, Thanks
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5