Options

Uncomfortable Cushions on 2021 TaBs

1235»

Comments

• Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    I have owned 2 starcraft popups, a jayco 24' hybrid, a minnie winnie, and my tab 320s. The quality of the cushion/mattresses in all of them seemed about the same. Could never sleep without a camp mat under or a pad over. The 6" mattress in our winnie was the worst ever. Memory foam doesn't help either. A selling point of the jayco was the high quality "denver mattress co mattresses". They were terrible. As I have stated before my 2021 320 came with lots extras, including to mattress pads that cover the whole sleeping area. During the day we just lean them against seat back. Very comfortable. Unfortunately they were custom made and I can't find a name or manufacturer tag on them. I think all companies use less expensive foam to save $'s. 
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    This is hilarious and goes to show how endemic the crappy cushion issue is in the RV world. They upgrade the foam in their Airstream with the same cushions many are using in this thread (foam factory) and their minds are blown. I’m excited to do this mod in our 400 this year:

https://youtu.be/4uJ2NPNdClI
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    Just a reminder that firmness and density are not the same thing and they are both critical.  Firmness is how firm the cushion will feel on Day 1.  Density is how long it will stay that way.  The problem with Tab cushions most of us have had is that they start nice but very quickly sag/soften.  That's because they're extremely low density - I did some measurements of this somewhere back in this thread and these are crappier/lower density than even the worst Chinese import sofas - no wonder they sag!  So if you're replacing, don't just choose your desired firmness, but for the love of all things holy, make sure they're also high density - aim for 2 pounds per cubic foot MINIMUM if you want them to last.  
  • Options
    JuniperDogJuniperDog Member Posts: 7
    I recently contacted Nucamp about the side seat cushions in my 2022 TAB320S and they are shipping me new ones.
    I contacted them as well and the woman was very polite and said that yes she could ship me more cushions but that they would be identical to the ones I already have.
    2022 T@B-S
    2023 RAV4 Prime
    Central BC
  • Options
    Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 203
    I recently contacted Nucamp about the side seat cushions in my 2022 TAB320S and they are shipping me new ones.
    I contacted them as well and the woman was very polite and said that yes she could ship me more cushions but that they would be identical to the ones I already have.

Yes, the ones they sent us as replacement are very similar if not the same as the original. We do not spend a lot of time sitting in the camper and when we do, we do not sit for long. For sleeping, I find them on the low end of acceptable now, so I will likely replace the cushions with denser ones at some point in the no to distant future. I just need to locate a reputable place near Ottawa, Canada

2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Instagram: new.t@bventure